Skip to content

When you need a closer game!!!

Still in hospital. Still awaiting bypass surgery.

During last nights match against CU they came to measure my blood pressure.

Just found out - at 2 in the morning - that it was so low during the match they’ve moved me to 6 hour observations rather than the 12 hour schedule I was on. Thought the visit just now was my morning wake up obs routine. Now can’t get back to sleep.

Can’t rely on the team to raise the BP when needed!!!

Comments

• Get well soon Carrickblue!

• That was really bad luck. I reckon they must have taken your blood pressure in the quiet 10 mins between our third and their goal. I hope you are feeling ok in the Royal and that you soon have a date. I hope the game was a tonic for you.

• @railwaysteve been in 4 1/2 weeks now. Had two surgery dates postponed for various reasons. Now aiming for 11th, but tbh not confident about that either. 25th feels more realistic

• @carrickblue best wishes and let's hope the team continues to bring success that gets you through this difficult period ok.

• edited April 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’d like to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery

• That’s a helluva long time to be stuck in hospital. You must be getting stir crazy. Are you in a room on your own or are there potential converts to the Wanderers family around you? Good luck with the op (hopefully in a few days time) and do keep in touch.

• @micra

Was in a 6 bed bay for first fortnight, but been in a single room since I tested positive for Covid on 20th March. First positive test ever!!

As I don’t need much monitoring generally they keep those that need more visibility on the bay so I’m still in room on my own. But can get out to walk about the ward now I’m covid negative.

BP back to normal so back to 12 hour obs now.

• That’s good to hear @carrickblue. Things are looking up.

• Best wishes for your treatment and a speedy recovery @carrickblue

• All the best to you @carrickblue

• edited April 2022

Fingers crossed for a speedy and successful operation.

• Happy news I was wrong about a postponement from 11th to 25th.

It’s only postponed to the 22nd ?

• And I think they’re still talking April rather than 22nd of any other month ?

• Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hopefully you will be okay for a trip to Wembley next month

• That might be pushing it for such a long trip so soon after major heart surgery but here’s hoping our friend will at least be up and about and glued to the TV, even if it means watching someone else defeating Sunderland or Oxford in the Final!

• Way things are I’m thinking I’ll be watching any play off matches on the iPad from my hospital bed!! Still no guarantee of a surgery date. Evidentially the 22nd is just a provisional date…. ?

• Talking of close games, the Isthmian lge Essex derby was a tight affair. Canvey Island will have bragging rights as the edged out Romford 13 - 0.

• When was that @ChasHarps ?

• This weekend @micra .

• Blimey! You a soothsayer @ChasHarps ?