Comments

• Wheeler? Dad at game again?

Sorry, that’s unkind. But really.

• @micra said:
      Wheeler? Dad at game again?

Sorry, that’s unkind. But really.

That's a vote for Vokes, not Wheeler.

• Oh, sht. Cross eyed again.

• It’s that asterisk failure again just to add s—t into my wounds.

• Mehmeti got my vote...but honourable mentions for Vokes, Scowen, Taff and Wing and Stocko for the second half!

• I thought the bulk of the team played decently, though Stewart still looks ever so slightly out of sorts. Vokes worked tirelessly and got a beautiful flick on for Mehmeti to score, Scowen & Wing were both great in midfield, especially the former who does so much of the crappy dirty work so well. GMac & Horgan had great moments as did McCarthy.
      Hard to chose one from that lot but on balance I have gone with Vokes again

• Mehmeti, pure class.

• Vokes, McCarthy, Scowen all in the mix for me, but I went for Stockdale.

• Scowen for me. As has already been mentioned, he did loads of crappy work and covered every blade of grass. Vokes was a close runner for MOTM, won absolutely everything, had some exquisite touches as well as worked himself into the ground. Mentions for Taf, Wing and Horgan who were neat & tidy without being "spectacular".

• Stewart was very off his game today. Of the back three he was the most 'hoofy' and seem to get caught on the ball a lot leading to a few of his dangerous grapple tackles. Hopefully just an off day.

• @Chris said:
      Vokes, McCarthy, Scowen all in the mix for me, but I went for Stockdale.

He had a bit of a distribution mare today, but did deserve at least one vote. There was a shot he saved in the first half that looked like it should have been an easy one, but he only managed to get down and turn it around the post for a corner. On second viewing, in slow motion you could see Stewart stick a foot out and miss so Stockdale was having to wait to see if there was a deflection before diving. This all happened in the blink of an eye so it turned out to actually be an astonishingly good bit of goalkeeping.

I went with Mehmeti, and would have done even if he hadn't scored. That cross for McCleary's goal was stunning.

• I know he's had a lot of votes over the season, but until today I've not voted for him... for me Scowen, was superb ! In 2nd place Vokes, never stopped running.

• Scowen got my vote. Absolutely brilliant from him today

• Vokes was absolutely superb

• Volkes “different gravy”

• Definitely one of those games where it is hard to gainsay anyone's answer. I went Mehmeti, but if anyone said Scowen, Vokes, Stockdale, Taffs, McLeary, McCarthy, Horgan or Wing, I don't really have an argument against it!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • Anis was even brilliant defending today.

• @drcongo said:
      Anis was even brilliant defending today.

He certainly was.

• A standout moment for me today was that superb cross by McCarthy soon after kickoff. Most of us have at one time or another been critical of the quality of his crossing. It’s an important part of a wingback’s armoury and he was often let down by his inability to provide good crosses when he played in that position. Ironically, because the current lineup play what could be described as total football, he has been getting forward almost as much from his position in the back four as he did as a wingback.

• Vokes for me - so unlucky not to be on the scoresheet today. Anis and Josh today’s close challengers. Loving the settled side.

• Scowen for me too, a consistent performer in terms of doing the unglamorous but vital stuff, so key to the team. But yes, a lot of solid shifts across the team today.

• Scowen has now crossed 300 MOTM votes for the season. Nearest challenger has 203. What a player!

• @perfidious_albion said:
      Volkes “different gravy”

I’ll Bisto my vote on Vokes as well.

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@perfidious_albion said:
      Volkes “different gravy”

Ouch! The nation’s favourite. Good to see a pun on bestow - a word rarely used nowadays.

• @micra said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@perfidious_albion said:
      Volkes “different gravy”

Ouch! The nation’s favourite. Good to see a pun on bestow - a word rarely used nowadays.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ……..

• Vokes was absolutely fantastic. Josh was outrageous though.

Scowen for me.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@micra said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@perfidious_albion said:
      Volkes “different gravy”

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ……..

(YOU'RE SHIT!)

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@micra said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@perfidious_albion said:
      Volkes “different gravy”

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ……..

(YOU'RE SHIT!)

The advertising folk thought about using that populist reference but the client felt the brand name needing including so stuck with ‘Ahhhhhhhh Bisto’, even if it does taste like $#*t

• Bisto enhanced with vegetable stock (especially from a parsnip and carrot mix), mixed herbs, ground pepper (definitely no salt!) and a dessert spoon of milk and cornflour (mixed to a thin paste) is as good as you’ll get.
      I’ve had no complaints.