Skip to content

Hillbottom Road closed to traffic on Saturday

Apparently due to some sort of gas leak they are having to dig up the road this morning. Those who have already paid for the car park (like me!) being directed to the former park and ride site in West Wycombe (shuttle bus free). Allow extra time if travelling by car!

Comments

• I can't have been alone in thinking this was going to be a gag post about a parade for Bayo or something

• @LX1 : you can’t be serious. Can you?

• The gas leek is more serious than first thought and may affect AP itself. A contingency plan to play tomorrow’s game at the training ground is being worked on. Apparently there will be full clarification before mid day.

• This could be the best fireworks display of the season!

• @micra said:
    @LX1 : you can’t be serious. Can you?

Check the date

• @micra said:

There's a badger on your patio

• @LX1 said:
    Apparently due to some sort of gas leak they are having to dig up the road this morning. Those who have already paid for the car park (like me!) being directed to the former park and ride site in West Wycombe (shuttle bus free). Allow extra time if travelling by car!

That kind of practical joke could easily blow up in your face, ??

• I could smell something fishy, don’t think it was gas.

• I’m setting off now, just in case...

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@micra said:

Check the date

I was well aware of the date but, as you’ll see from my post of 10.33 on the Ringing the Blues thread, it took me a little while to realise that this morning’s announcement on that thread was a spoof. Closer inspection made that obvious. But I agree with @Twizz . It was by no means obvious, even knowing @LX1’s ‘style’ as well as most of us do, that he wasn’t referring to an actual situation.

I just hope no-one was taken in by the OP and didn’t return to the thread later on.

Write this early this afternoon and forgot to post.

• edited April 2022

To be honest, @micra, without the posts following your original response I'd have been checking the club website for an update on the gas leak!

@LX1 had me hook, line and stinker for a minute or two.

I believe the BFP will be carrying a back page article next week on how the gas leak affected the crowd/team performance against Doncaster.

• To be fair there were traffic lights in operation in Hillbottom Road on Thursday evening. Hoping they have now been removed.

• I’ve just heard on the grapevine that @LX1 is currently sitting in the Hour Glass supping his second pint and crooning his favourite Sinatra song, “call me irresponsible”.