Skip to content

Thanks to Wycombe Wanderers Ticket Office staff

I would just like to record my thanks to Wycombe Wanderers ticket office staff for arranging me as a Senior to be transferred from standing behind the goal on Saturday to the Safe Standing Area in the corner of the Family Stand. I explained that I had recently had a hernia operation & to this end I was unsure if I would be able to stand in my usual spot behind the goal. Having missed the last 3 home matches I can't wait to get back.

Comments

• Good to hear. Have to say, the staff, both ticket office and general reception, have always been absolutely brilliant at helping sort any issue out. A credit to the club.

• Exactly what you'd expect from our club - but it's always good to have fresh evidence we get these sort of things right.

• Good to hear, @TheChair. Glad you’ve had the op. It’ll feel slightly strange watching from that position but you might be able to stir a few of the Adams singers into life - singing something sinful of course! (Just realised that only the more senior Seniors will know what I’m talking about.)

• I can underline the viewpoint of the ticket office staff. Always been mega helpful to this techno dinosaur. i have appeared there on too many occasions this season trying to find my season tickets, (I have 3) via the app. It has become a standing joke now that Ben hides as soon as I come through the door. It must be exasperating, but he somehow grins through it on the Tuesday/Wednesday followed by a "see you in here Saturday" comment. Half the time he is correct!!!

• Smiling through gritted teeth comes easily to Ben - he is a Derby County fan.

• Pete , i have to say the family stand's gain is the terrace's loss ! ! !
    The support you give the team is inspirational .
    I wish the younger fans had your drive and willingness .
    You are the best "Chairboys barmy army song starter" on the terrace by a country mile .
    I hope you enjoy Saturday and wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you back on the terrace ( your home ) as soon as possible .
    All the best sir !

• General open question. I have a physical season ticket so not for me, but the guy who sits next to me has texted to say that when he looks at his virtual ST, it says the next game is the Sheffield Wednesday one, not Plymouth. Has anyone else got this? Thanks in advance.

• edited April 2022

@NewburyWanderer said:
    General open question. I have a physical season ticket so not for me, but the guy who sits next to me has texted to say that when he looks at his virtual ST, it says the next game is the Sheffield Wednesday one, not Plymouth. Has anyone else got this? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, same here - must be a general technical issue. I think the same kind of thing has happened before and it's sorted itself out.

• It really doesn't matter. I've been using a screen grab of the same ticket all season, it says next match Accrington.

• I asked to move from the terrace as I was doing my best to isolate as the lovely Mrs Fit was due for a major op. The ticket office charged be £6 for the privilege.

• @Fit2drop said:
    I asked to move from the terrace as I was doing my best to isolate as the lovely Mrs Fit was due for a major op. The ticket office charged be £6 for the privilege.

That's fair though right?

• I thought it was wrong, having given 3 season tickets worth of the "donations" over 2 seasons and explaining I was protecting a front line NHS worker. I was wrongly assuming that when the office bod looked at the season ticket details the ones that had "gifted" would be marked. What I did notice was the area around me was occupied by free ticket holders who actually got up and left when their family member got subbed off at about 65 minutes.

• edited April 2022

@Fit2drop said:
    I thought it was wrong, having given 3 season tickets worth of the "donations" over 2 seasons and explaining I was protecting a front line NHS worker. I was wrongly assuming that when the office bod looked at the season ticket details the ones that had "gifted" would be marked. What I did notice was the area around me was occupied by free ticket holders who actually got up and left when their family member got subbed off at about 65 minutes.

All lovely stuff, and you're to be applauded.

But all clubs will have a policy where if you move from cheaper seats to more expensive, you'll have to foot the difference. That's good business sense.

• Also, it is common practice at most clubs to issue complimentary tickets to their players families.

• @Malone said:

@Fit2drop said:
    I thought it was wrong, having given 3 season tickets worth of the "donations" over 2 seasons and explaining I was protecting a front line NHS worker. I was wrongly assuming that when the office bod looked at the season ticket details the ones that had "gifted" would be marked. What I did notice was the area around me was occupied by free ticket holders who actually got up and left when their family member got subbed off at about 65 minutes.

But all clubs will have a policy where if you move from cheaper seats to more expensive, you'll have to foot the difference. That's good business sense.

A little under 5 years ago after some surgery I felt I was unlikely to manage a couple of hrs of standing on the terrace and I asked them for a seat in the FA for 3 or 4 games. I was expecting to pay the difference but they did it for free.

UTB, the lovely little music venue at Stamford bridge gave me 4 seats in their VIP area for me and some mates when I emailed them with the same issue.

• edited April 2022

@tom_doust said:

@Malone said:

@Fit2drop said:

A little under 5 years ago after some surgery I felt I was unlikely to manage a couple of hrs of standing on the terrace and I asked them for a seat in the FA for 3 or 4 games. I was expecting to pay the difference but they did it for free.

UTB, the lovely little music venue at Stamford bridge gave me 4 seats in their VIP area for me and some mates when I emailed them with the same issue.

I suspect there was a lot of that sort of stuff going on pre Couhigs from your situation which is a nice human story, to more dodgy practices like people taking free tickets in their kids name just to not have someone next to them (as the Couhigs quoted), getting in on concession tickets (as per the clubs recent warnings on there now being checks).

The dogiest one I heard was a guy who someone in the ticket office allowed to move his season ticket from the terrace to Frank Adams for free, and then allowed him the individual paper ticket for each game.
    Only for him to sell them at a profit!

• I thought you were going to relate a tale of how some accommodating person in the ticket office issued a complimentary ticket to someone for their canine friend.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    General open question. I have a physical season ticket so not for me, but the guy who sits next to me has texted to say that when he looks at his virtual ST, it says the next game is the Sheffield Wednesday one, not Plymouth. Has anyone else got this? Thanks in advance.

We noticed a glitch in the mobile tickets early on - the more games we have linked to the mobile ticket at anyone time, on some devices that body of text sometimes overlaps the barcodes and causes issues scanning, so we only show one at a time so keep it nice and visible at all times. This wont always shows the next game, but I promise it doesn't matter at all, its only informative - for a ST the barcode is the same barcode for each game so it is the same all season!