Skip to content

Scores Bar

This may seem a weird question, but I haven't been into Scores Bar for a pre-match pint since before lockdown.

I don't live locally, and only get to 5 or 6 games a season in person (although I am a keen and regular visitor to Vipienne).

Those I go to games with have (sadly) matured into responsible adults with family commitments, so the pre-match booze hasn't happened for a long time.

Is Scores still even open? If you Google it, it says "permanently closed".

I can't find any reference to it on the official site - I have a few non-WW fans coming to the Doncaster game - one of whom is a Liverpool fan, and wants to watch the LFC game prior to their baptism of fire into live lower league action.

I guess the Hour Glass is an option too, if needs be.

Comments

• The Caledonian and the beer tent will both be open, and both more than likely to show the football before, they normally do

• Scores bar has been a player lounge this season. At least that is what the stewards told me when I tried to enter it at the MK game. It is only open to the squad and their guests.

• Scores bar was renamed Monty's a few years ago - in memory of former club president Monty Seymour.

• Wait where’s the centre spot

• Where's the sign that hung outside the Centre Spot, man in suit shaking the hand of a fan, wasn't it? Based on a sign at Man U, I seem to remember.

• I remember what MoN said to me in the centre spot as if it was yesterday

• Chap in a brown suit shaking hands with a footballer was on the cover of Man U programmes throughout the ‘60’s.

• It was Brian Lee's idea to adapt it, he's a United man.

• Thanks for the responses - so is the Caledonian open to randoms or do you have to be a member? The official site has a page on it but it’s more from a function room perspective…

• @PBo said:
    This may seem a weird question, but I haven't been into Scores Bar for a pre-match pint since before lockdown.

I don't live locally, and only get to 5 or 6 games a season in person (although I am a keen and regular visitor to Vipienne).

Those I go to games with have (sadly) matured into responsible adults with family commitments, so the pre-match booze hasn't happened for a long time.

Is Scores still even open? If you Google it, it says "permanently closed".

I can't find any reference to it on the official site - I have a few non-WW fans coming to the Doncaster game - one of whom is a Liverpool fan, and wants to watch the LFC game prior to their baptism of fire into live lower league action.

I guess the Hour Glass is an option too, if needs be.

The main bar (Caledonian) has several screens, including one huge one. I’m sure it will be showing the early Premier League kick off and if you arrive at half 12 for that game you’ll have no trouble finding a seat.

• @PBo said:
    Thanks for the responses - so is the Caledonian open to randoms or do you have to be a member? The official site has a page on it but it’s more from a function room perspective…

Anyone can get in now

• @PBo said:
    Thanks for the responses - so is the Caledonian open to randoms or do you have to be a member? The official site has a page on it but it’s more from a function room perspective…

There are no restrictions on entry @Pbo - other than capacity - open to all, although probably best not to wear a Doncaster shirt! (Even then I think you'd probably be okay).