Skip to content

PLAYER OF THE SEASON SO FAR

Personally, for consistency alone - Jordon Obita is up there, but we really miss Thompson and Scowen when unavailable

Poll not found

Comments

• Vokes without a doubt, but there's no option to vote for him!

• Scowen for me. He is way ahead in the MOTM race now and leads every stat there.

• McCleary for me. A very special footballer indeed

• @eric_plant said:
      McCleary for me. A very special footballer indeed

I'll go along with eric here though Vokes, Scowen and Obita have all been great to see in a Wycombe shirt!

• Seven games to go. There really is no patience anymore. I think the player of the season is yet to rise completely to the top.

• Would vote for Vokes if I could…

• Sam Vokes, Josh Scowen, Curtis Thompson

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
      Seven games to go. There really is no patience anymore. I think the player of the season is yet to rise completely to the top.

I think it's the 2 week gap in between games. It causes a bit of a void which needs to be filled with such threads.

• Have we ever done a Gasroom end of season awards with alternative categories?

• Scowen

• @ReturnToSenda said:
      Have we ever done a Gasroom end of season awards with alternative categories?

Is William Poths around anywhere?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
      Seven games to go. There really is no patience anymore. I think the player of the season is yet to rise completely to the top.

Just don't worry about it. It's the sort of chat you have with your mates at the pub

• Vokes and Obita have been consistently excellent all season. However the player we have missed the most when absent is undoubtedly Scowen

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Let's collect the categories and do it. My suggestions...

• Miss of the season
      • Assist of the season
      • Clearance of the season (surely only one winner here)

Disclaimer: the logistics of actually running an alternative end of season awards seems like a lot of work that I will not be volunteering for

• That would win greatest clearance of all time, let alone this season

• @drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

• Miss of the season
      • Assist of the season

Disclaimer: the logistics of actually running an alternative end of season awards seems like a lot of work that I will not be volunteering for

Tackle of the season (no funny comments please)
      Rising star (development player with most potential)
      What about
      Gasroomer of the season or
      Post of the season

• Scowen. When he is unavailable his absence affects us more than any other player.

• edited March 2022

@drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

• Miss of the season
      • Assist of the season

I'll put some polls together if I remember

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

• Miss of the season
      • Assist of the season

What about
      Post of the season

Do we have stats for thumbs up/down to work out post of the season (and the opposite)?

• @Mandown said:
      Vokes and Obita have been consistently excellent all season. However the player we have missed the most when absent is undoubtedly Scowen

Good summary that.

Although I would not have wanted to be without Vokes for more than a couple of games as it'd have totally changed the way we play.

• Seven games left with one of the best squads we’ve ever had. We’d better enjoy it.

• You simply cannot run a poll for one off events - goal/tackle/clearance/miss/assist - until the final whistle on the last day. You just never know what might be going to happen in those last few seconds.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

• Miss of the season
      • Assist of the season

What about
      Post of the season

Do we have stats for thumbs up/down to work out post of the season (and the opposite)?

I can do it with some raw sql, but again, feels like a lot of admin ;)

• And the award for outstanding performance in the field of shithousery goes to...

• Love that video

• Apologies to all about losing Vokes from the poll. I entered his name as you can see - but for some reason it hasn't worked.

Can admin either amend or delete? The whole thread is pretty pointless due to my error!!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
      And the award for outstanding performance in the field of shithousery goes to...

Terrible sportsmanship. That goes way beyond slowing the game down/being clever.

• @thecatwwfc said:
      Apologies to all about losing Vokes from the poll. I entered his name as you can see - but for some reason it hasn't worked.

Can admin either amend or delete? The whole thread is pretty pointless due to my error!!

I’ll get my coat…

• @YorkshireBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
      And the award for outstanding performance in the field of shithousery goes to...

Terrible sportsmanship. That goes way beyond slowing the game down/being clever.

Nah, it's great (and he is good mates with Vadaine Oliver, so it was good-natured)