Skip to content

Saturday 26/3/22 - Non-League Day

Next Saturday (26th) is an international weekend. Wycombe don’t have a match as the Fleetwood game was brought forward. It’s a chance to visit your local Non-League club & support grassroots football for around a tenner. Here’s a selection of what’s on locally with perhaps the highlights being Wealdstone v Bromley & the Spartan League Bucks derbies between Aylesbury Vale Dynamos & Risborough Rangers and Holmer Green v Flackwell Heath:

NATIONAL LEAGUE:

Maidenhead United v Barnet
Wealdstone v Bromley

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Hemel Hempstead Town v Tonbridge A
Slough Town v Braintree Town

SOUTHERN LGE PREM DIV SOUTH:

Beaconsfield Town v Wimborne Town
Chesham United v Poole Town
Hayes & Yeading v Tiverton Town

SOUTHERN LEAGUE DIV I CENTRAL:

Berkhamsted v AFC Dunstable
Kidlington v Waltham Abbey
Thame United v Kempston Rovers

ISTHMIAN LEAGUE DIV 1 STH-CEN:

Uxbridge v Marlow

SPARTAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Risborough Rangers
Holmer Green v Flackwell Heath

For more details see the following: www.nonleagueday.co.uk

The weather forecast is fabulous so have a good day out!

Comments

• edited March 2022

My standouts from the list above.

1 Rather eat sh#t than watch Slough! Still don’t like them and my favourite song is still the Slough one.
    2 Haven’t we got someone on loan at Bromley?
    3 Thame for me. Mark West and cracking burgers. What’s not to love about that.

• Parsons and AAH are both on loan at Bromley

• Aaron Amadi Holloway?

• AAH won't be playing after he's been called up to the national squad

• If any WW season-ticket holder is thinking of going to Berkhamsted v AFC Dunstable on Saturday bring your season-ticket to gain reduced price entry. Non-League Day!

• An excellent initiative, which many need no encouraging for. How to we get in with out 'subscriptions' though?

• For their match v Bromley tomorrow, Wealdstone are offering discounted match admission to WW season-ticket holders. On production of your WW season-ticket you can get in for £10 instead of £15.

• I think they do that for every game

• Interesting promotion as I do wonder if the discount gets more people and if people do claim it why? I'd see this as taking 5 pounds from the club rather than give them 10 but that could be just me.

• edited March 2022

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Interesting promotion as I do wonder if the discount gets more people and if people do claim it why? I'd see this as taking 5 pounds from the club rather than give them 10 but that could be just me.

If it's people who wouldn't go without the offer, it's very much a tenner gained.

Whether it is non league lovers who'd have gone anyway, versus people who wouldn't have any interest without the sweetener is the difficult thing to analyse.

• @A_Worboys said:
    For their match v Bromley tomorrow, Wealdstone are offering discounted match admission to WW season-ticket holders. On production of your WW season-ticket you can get in for £10 instead of £15.

Think its all ticket tomorrow due to the current reduced capacity

• Holmer Green 0-1 Flackwell Heath

Second from botton v fifth and the Heathens were the better team throughout, but Holmer defended resolutely. The hard and bobbly pitch made ball control difficult.

The winner came just after the break, a glorious 25 yard free kick into the top corner by Fabian Driffield. As good as Bale, or Carroll or JJ come to that.

Holmer had a great chance to equalise in added time, a home player suddenly found himself free eight yards out, but his shot was wonderfully saved by keeper Isaac Hay.

145 spectators enjoyed the warm sunshine. The goal and save at the end were posted by FH twitter.

• Assistant seems to have gone AWOL for that 94th minute save...

• 331 at Berkhamsted today, 592 at Chesham but only 102 at Beaconsfield. Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Risborough Rangers attracted 220.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Holmer Green 0-1 Flackwell Heath

Second from botton v fifth and the Heathens were the better team throughout, but Holmer defended resolutely. The hard and bobbly pitch made ball control difficult.

The winner came just after the break, a glorious 25 yard free kick into the top corner by Fabian Driffield. As good as Bale, or Carroll or JJ come to that.

Holmer had a great chance to equalise in added time, a home player suddenly found himself free eight yards out, but his shot was wonderfully saved by keeper Isaac Hay.

145 spectators enjoyed the warm sunshine. The goal and save at the end were posted by FH twitter.

Random orange ball floating across the pitch

• Wonder if this will be the year that competing at such a high level finally catches up with Holmer Green.