Skip to content

Portsmouth spare tickets?

A friend of mine lives in Portsmouth and has missed the boat on getting away end tickets for the game tomorrow. Does anyone happen to have three spare tickets for him, his brother and his dad?

Cheers

Comments

• Is it all ticket in the home end as a last resort?

ps anyone got any decent parking tips?

Have only ever been down there for 1 1/2 games...the 1/2 being that flooded game!

• @Malone If you get there at a reasonable time (before 2ish), you may be able to park on the side of the road which runs alongside a little park, just east of the ground, past the pub (can't remember the name). Otherwise, there's usually street parking in some of the residential roads around the ground, but there might be some with restrictions. Whatever you do, don't leave it late!

• Last time I went I parked at Gunwharf Quays, had a bit of lunch and a drink and then hopped on the train from there to Fratton

• @Malone said:
    Is it all ticket in the home end as a last resort?

ps anyone got any decent parking tips?

Have only ever been down there for 1 1/2 games...the 1/2 being that flooded game!

I’m still drying out from that game @Malone. Never experienced anything like it - not even in New Orleans.
    Hard to believe that was in my youth - eight and a half years ago. I checked my phone on the way down and the Met Office were referring to the “possibility of an odd shower”!

• PS there were some wonderful stories about individual experiences that night, including one guy driving home in his underwear. Bet he didn’t risk breaking the speed limit.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @Malone If you get there at a reasonable time (before 2ish), you may be able to park on the side of the road which runs alongside a little park, just east of the ground, past the pub (can't remember the name). Otherwise, there's usually street parking in some of the residential roads around the ground, but there might be some with restrictions. Whatever you do, don't leave it late!

Ta. Will probs get down there between 12.30-1 and will have a look about.

Been years since i last went but i remember the ground outskirts look particularly rough with all sorts of graffiti about.

• @micra said:
    PS there were some wonderful stories about individual experiences that night, including one guy driving home in his underwear. Bet he didn’t risk breaking the speed limit.

Worst drive due to rain I've ever had without any doubt.

• I was staying in Pompey that night fortunately. I walked from the ground through the storm to a nearby pub and hung most of my clothes on the radiator. Later that night went out and for some reason couldn't get cash out (if Uber existed I didn't know about it). A kind bloke drove me back to the hotel and agreed to meet me next day for payment. Despite everything the majority of people are good people.