Skip to content

Bristol/South West Chairboys Fans

Hi from Bristol!

Are there any other Wycombe fans on here that are in or around Bristol or the West Country?

I have recently met another Bristol based Wyc fan through Twitter and we've been sharing car pool duties for away days and some home games. It would be great to meet some more and maybe get a South West travelling contingent.

@wermhatt on Twitter.

Comments

• Hi mate
    Weston super mare here….exiled from Marlowe in 94

• I knew there must be some more of us...ever make it back for games or head to any away days?

• Bristol - South West?

• @DevC said:
    Bristol - South West?

The very same.

• Bristol is way oop north as far as I am concerned. Jeez you have flat caps whippets and feral wild black puddings there - at least so I’m told.

There are quite a few Chairboys dotted around the proper SW which to my mind starts at the Devon border but at a push I may concede Taunton. Especially in Uni term times.

Enjoy Brizzle though - nice city

• @DevC said:
    Bristol is way oop north as far as I am concerned. Jeez you have flat caps whippets and feral wild black puddings there - at least so I’m told.

There are quite a few Chairboys dotted around the proper SW which to my mind starts at the Devon border but at a push I may concede Taunton. Especially in Uni term times.

Enjoy Brizzle though - nice city

You forgot the "chip pans" @DevC

• @DevC said:
    Bristol - South West?

West Country starts at Stokenchurch

• Very strong links between Wycombe and the West Country

• I'm moving to Frome in May. The ride to AP on my motorbike from there looks fantastic. Much better than having to go through MK ?

• I live in Wells,i moved down here 24 years ago.

• @Cambridge_Blue said:
    I'm moving to Frome in May. The ride to AP on my motorbike from there looks fantastic. Much better than having to go through MK ?

Frome is okay,when you move down try Just Ales 2 my mate owns the pub which has at least 5 local ciders and 4 real ales,no lager though.

• I’ll raise you Newquay

• @robin said:

@Cambridge_Blue said:
    I'm moving to Frome in May. The ride to AP on my motorbike from there looks fantastic. Much better than having to go through MK ?

Frome is okay,when you move down try Just Ales 2 my mate owns the pub which has at least 5 local ciders and 4 real ales,no lager though.

Will do! That's a 0.7 mile walk from my new house. Looking forward to some decent cider

• @BB2020 said:
    I’ll raise you Newquay

Which one?

• @mooneyman ? The Cornish Newquay.

• Once got let into Plymouth FOC for a Tuesday JPT game as a reward for me and my lad travelling so far. He was a little surprised when he asked what time I thought I’d get home to be told probably about 20 mins after final whistle…..
    I suspect all clubs have a diaspora spread around the country and quite a big percentage of the lesser attended away games actually are pretty local.

• @eric_plant said:
    Very strong links between Wycombe and the West Country

Sid Cann
    Steve Thompson
    Chris Vinnicombe
    Martin Blackler
    Tommy Doc
    Ian Pearson

• If we don’t go up hoping Swindon,Newport and exeter go up…easy away days for next season!

• edited March 2022

@bs22chairboy said:
    If we don’t go up hoping Swindon,Newport and exeter go up…easy away days for next season!

I was playing with these scenarios in my head on the way back from Pompey, also Forest Green.

Oh…and Rovers…

• @peterparrotface said:

@DevC said:
    Bristol - South West?

West Country starts at Stokenchurch

Hah! I get a nosebleed if I go any further north than Luton.

Great to see a load of you are down here, up the Wyc!

• So you have embraced the Couhig cry of Up the Wyc @wermhatt. I’m guessing you’re very young (under 40!) and/or have relatively recently joined the Chairfolk family.

• Up the Wyc/Chairboys/COYB, whatever takes my fancy. My first game was in 1998, I’m 33 and glad to still be seen as “very young”.

• I’ve suddenly realised that I might never again have to decide which chants to join in with. Not that there’s ever been much chanting in the upper tier of the Frank Adams stand. Often found myself accompanying a trio of guys (including @BlueBoy) whose seats are immediately behind mine. Not ruling out a ‘last hoorah’ if the temperature reaches the high twenties!

• @Cambridge_Blue said:

Yeah that'll be a really nice ride, especially come summer.

@robin said:
    I live in Wells,i moved down here 24 years ago.

Was there last Sunday, great place to spend a day wandering about.

• Anyone from south west driving to Wycombe on Friday and have a spare seat going? Happy to contribute fuel money

• Not sure if this would be a consideration and is said genuinely. What about Plymouth supporters coaches?
    I once got on an opposition coach to get to a home game when I was at University!

• I’ll make a call tomorrow. They often need evidence of an away ticket to travel.

• @BB2020 said:
    I’ll make a call tomorrow. They often need evidence of an away ticket to travel.

Seems odd. Have they had issues with people using them for a cheap day trip?!

• edited April 2022

@Commoner said:
    Not sure if this would be a consideration and is said genuinely. What about Plymouth supporters coaches?
    I once got on an opposition coach to get to a home game when I was at University!

That is genius! Especially if we won and you get to sit there smugly lapping up their tears.

• I once travelled incognito on the Plymouth supporters coach to a Tuesday night game at Adams Park. Not sure I'd recommend it to be honest. Couldn't even get my phone out when I belatedly remembered I had a WWFC protective case on it. Ended up pretending to be asleep.