Skip to content

Fleetwood T (h) - Attendance Prediction - '9 to go' - Match 38 - Tues 15th March 2022

2»

Comments

• 3786 with 92 away. Thanks

• 4125 with 145 from fleetwood

• 3546, with 127 away.

• 3773 with 121 from Fleetwood

• 3802 with 112 cods

• 3925 with 135 Fleetwood

• 3787 including 117 Cod Army to watch their team be filleted and battered ??.

• 4 hours to Kick Off - 3 hours to predict the attendance

32 solid predictions in:

Average for Total Crowd: 3808
    Average for Away Crowd 135

Those not on the record yet:
    @Commoner
    @DevC
    @eric_plant
    @HCBlue
    @JohnBoy
    @username123
    @wwfcblue

• 3737 - 173 Fleetwood

• @Commoner said:
    3737 - 173 Fleetwood

I'll be popping into the Caledonian this evening @Commoner ?.

• 3473 with 138 away

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    3787 including 117 Cod Army to watch their team be filleted and battered ??.

Very good!

• 3678 with 93 from Fleetwood

• Attendance 3,391. Believe the away contingent was 61, might have misheard that.

• Gasman says 61 away fans, so that's OK ?

• edited March 2022

Well everybody overestimated the crowd and that was despite the low key tone of posts before the game across the Gasroom.

So apologies to all for going first with a prediction that was out by 20%.

Many congratulations to @LDF who was close enough for it not to count as an overestimate - just a very near miss - a prediction of 3400 missed by only 9. Forecaster of the Week no less.

Congratulations to @DevC who has the only double digit score - 82 with a forecast of 3473.

Top ten for the Fleetwood Home Game

1 @LDF whose prediction of 3400 was out by 9
    2 @DevC whose prediction of 3473 was out by 82
    3 @perfidious_albion whose prediction of 3499 was out by 108
    4 @BlueBoy whose prediction of 3546 was out by 155
    5 @bookertease whose prediction of 3579 was out by 188
    6 @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 3675 was out by 284
    7 @MindlessDrugHoover whose prediction of 3678 was out by 287
    8 @wwfcblue whose prediction of 3678 was out by 287
    9 @bigred87 whose prediction of 3683 was out by 292
    10 @our_frank whose prediction of 3699 was out by 308

Not suprisingly, we were much closer with the away crowd predictions, although again we nearly all overestimated the attraction of the fixture.
    Hats off for @NewburyWanderer who forecaster exactly the number of travelling Cods who would have something to talk about on the long journey home.

Top Eleven for the Size of the Cod Army

1 @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 61 was spot on
    2 @perfidious_albion whose prediction of 82 was out by 21
    3= @LDF whose prediction of 90 was out by 29
    3= @our_frank whose prediction of 90 was out by 29
    5 @ryan_w_kirby2 whose prediction of 92 was out by 31
    6 @wwfcblue whose prediction of 93 was out by 32
    7 @thedieharder whose prediction of 100 was out by 39
    8 @Glenactico whose prediction of 104 was out by 43
    9 @twizz whose prediction of 110 was out by 49
    10= @BSE whose prediction of 112 was out by 51
    10= @peterparrotface whose prediction of 112 was out by 51

Watch out for the Portsmouth thread. Vital game and maybe not to difficult to make a close prediction.

• Same number of away fans as home to Fleetwood on 11th February 2020

• Ooh, I've won. I wish I hadn't though, it's really worrying that our support seems to be in such decline.

• I'm not sure it's much of a surprise. Prices for absolutely everything are going through the roof. Fuel, food and petrol all massively squeezing the budgets.

How many of our more casual fans or even those who don't use social media even realised the fixture had been brought forward from the 26th.

I would think those without Season tickets were also choosing between Pompey away or Fleetwood at home.

• Wonder if the streaming is having an impact? Saying that midweek home crowds were pretty much identical in 19/20

• @peterparrotface said:
    Wonder if the streaming is having an impact? Saying that midweek home crowds were pretty much identical in 19/20

I think the better than normal big crowds make last nights look small. Having said that though the club do seem to be actively promoting midweek Wanderers TV as opposed to going live and the constant service cancellations don’t make it attractive.

Interesting to compare the attendance for the Long Crendon B&B game to last night.

• I think there's a bigger difference between our Saturday and Tuesday home attendances than there is with many other clubs. I often wonder why that is. Think it's probably to do with our supporter base, which consists of a lot of families with young children, so midweek evening matches can be a problem. It may also be the fact that a relatively large proportion of our supporters live well outside Wycombe, meaning they also find it hard to make midweek games.

• As matches are available to view on TV surely that must also have a negative impact on attendance/ Are figures available for those watching?