Skip to content

Man of the Match - Rotherham (H)

Some good performances today.

Poll not found

Comments

• Wouldn’t begrudge it going to anyone today, though McCleary is still struggling to return to his magical best. I went Scowen though, pretty much perfect performance in that role today and his passing was the best on the pitch.

• Tough one, Stockdales distribution was superb today and made a good save first half. Thought Scowen was very good, Mehmeti was a threat and a little mention for Horgan, best I've seen him for a while.

After all that I went for Taf!

• Anis for me

• Gave it to Scowen for the 90+ but just shaded Mehmeti who had them rocking for 15 mins before his rather puzzling withdrawal

• @ReturnToSenda said:
      Anis for me

Narrowly from Taf, who at his imperious best is our best centre-half.

• Taf…kept their striker at bay

• edited March 2022

@StrongestTeam said:
      Gave it to Scowen for the 90+ but just shaded Mehmeti who had them rocking for 15 mins before his rather puzzling withdrawal

Anis going off was indeed a surprise, especially as McCleary had been fairly anonymous all afternoon.

Thought Horgan had a good game too.

• Taf for me. Hehad a very good game. I did not mind Mehmeti coming off though he had been excellent, but Hanlan coming on late had the potential to cause an upset.

• I felt Scowan was imperious again this week and gets my vote, honorable mentions to Vokes who worked tirelessly up front for no reward especially from the ref, Horgan who is so intelligent in that pocket behind the striker, Anis for terrifying their defence (again) & Taf for being so solid at the back.

• Thought it was Horgan by a clear margin myself.

• I went with Scowen, excellent battling as always and if nothing else, he deserves the support for the bit where he managed to get embroiled in a running challenge whilst having his head pretty much wedged into a Rotherham player’s armpit.

• Horgan for me too and by the way we were excellent today across the park

• For the first time in what feels like forever I went with the majority. Scowen imperious today.

• Another vote for Scowen for me but honourable mentions for Horgan (who seems to read the game so well), JJ (after a slightly dodgy first half was superb second half), Anis (for 20 minutes second half was a real threat) and Taf.

Started to see some of that early season understanding between Horgan and McCleary too.

But how pleasing to see the defence back to something like it’s best

• Great to see the understanding between Horgan and McCleary and Mehmeti. They can slow time, can’t they?

• Once again I’ve taken the liberty of casting my vote based on the audio commentary and influenced slightly by all the eye witnesses who were posting during and immediately after the match finished. I was torn between Taf and Josh but, since I teetered on the brink last Saturday of voting for him ahead of my eventual choice, Wingy, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt today.

• Hard to choose..a great team performance. Went for Scowen as he is a champion and what you want as a fan

• Scowen was different class

• Taff for me. They were big strong and confident. So was Taff, major reason for the clean sheet.

• edited March 2022

Scowen’s passing was masterful today. The back 4 meant he had more room to show the attacking parts of his game.

The lobbed pass to Mehmeti (?) running into the box in the second half was sublime.

• I went Horgan.

Still waiting for @TheAndyGrahamFanClub to comment on whether he still thinks he’s “stealing a living”.

There’s none so blind...

• edited March 2022

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub Saw your general comment on the match day thread at 22.50. Spot on and good enough for me re Horgan’s more fluid role.

The reason they hate Wing, I’m guessing, is due to his loan spell with Sheffield Wednesday earlier in the season, after playing for Rotherham on loan last year in the championship.

• I just don't think Horgan is very good. Industrious as anyone should be but delivery poor, no x factor...what does he offer

• @LeedsBlue said:
      @TheAndyGrahamFanClub Saw your general comment on the match day thread at 22.50. Spot on and good enough for me re Horgan’s more fluid role.

The reason they hate Wing, I’m guessing, is due to his loan spell with Sheffield Wednesday earlier in the season, after playing for Rotherham on loan last year in the championship.

I think it’s very clear after yesterday’s game why he’d choose Wycombe over Rotherham. It sounded like he was less involved yesterday than against Crewe - not surprising after Rotherham seemingly had more than a touch of the Shrewsburys in the second half.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • I gave it to Taff as well for the very same reasons @fame_46