Skip to content

Rotherham (h) - Attendance Prediction - '10 to go' - Match 37 - Sat 12th March 2022

edited March 2022 in Football

Probably a significant game, possibly with us fielding a settled line up, however I think this game's attendance is difficult to predict and I reckon that there will be a flurry of late predictions.

The reliable BBC long range weather forecast currently says - sunny intervals with a moderate breeze - and gives 11°C for the duration of the match.

I cast for anticipation and atmosphere:

6843 with 842 millers.

The attendance for the Crewe away game is now officially 4031, credit to all those who made the happy journey. The 'Tour de Season' competition table has a lot of changes and should be updated and published today.

All welcome to chance an attendance prediction on this game.
Happy forecasting all.

Comments

• This will be a difficult one to guess. Not sure there’s the enthusiasm for Rotherham as we have had for some bigger teams in the League.

Not even sure how many Rotherham will bring. Could be 500 or 1500?

• 5678 with 876 Millers

• 5842 with 833.

• 5982 with 835 already celebrating

• I think spirits in the Wycombe family have been given a substantial lift over the last couple of weeks, Spring is here and, apart from a gusty wind, the weather’s looking good. Home for most in daylight too and I think the scene is set for a really enjoyable, if tense, afternoon.

• 5757 with 575

(Not sure if this will affect anything but there are no trains from Marylebone to Wycombe saturday)

• 6030 with 688 away

• 6087 with 1136 away

• @micra said:
    I think spirits in the Wycombe family have been given a substantial lift over the last couple of weeks, Spring is here and, apart from a gusty wind, the weather’s looking good. Home for most in daylight too and I think the scene is set for a really enjoyable, if tense, afternoon.

Not sure Matt Spring attending the game will make a material difference to crowd numbers, be great to welcome him back though.?

• 5654 with 777 away

• @perfidious_albion said:

@micra said:
    I think spirits in the Wycombe family have been given a substantial lift over the last couple of weeks, Spring is here and, apart from a gusty wind, the weather’s looking good. Home for most in daylight too and I think the scene is set for a really enjoyable, if tense, afternoon.

Not sure Matt Spring attending the game will make a material difference to crowd numbers, be great to welcome him back though.?

And as is tradition, he would be able to stay in his seat for the whole game.

• @Wendoverman said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@micra said:
    I think spirits in the Wycombe family have been given a substantial lift over the last couple of weeks, Spring is here and…….

And as is tradition, he would be able to stay in his seat for the whole game.

I’d like to think the white plastic patio chair he sat on for 90 mins next to the dugout away at Bristol Rovers is now featured in The Meme museum.

• edited March 2022

Eight predictions in on Friday morning:

Average for Total Crowd: 5984
    Average for Away Crowd 820

The away predictions are varying quite a bit.
    The average for the home crowd is 5164, and that number varies a lot less if you take lot less if you take out my own prediction of an optimistic 6001.

@micra might comment on the weather forecast but the BBC are still saying sunny intervals and a moderate breeze and now with a less than 10% chance of rain for each hour in the mid afternoon.

This is a game where I won't be an absent season ticket holder.

• 6,020 with 845 Rotherham.

• 6,006 with 808 from Rotherham

• 6,161 including 919 Millers

• 6765 with 678 Rotherhamarians

• 6234 with 733 away please

• I think 6007 with 747 hearty souls from up't North

• 5985 with 825 from Rotherham

• 6,435 including 1,003 Millers.

• edited March 2022

Rotherham report over 900 tickets sold as of 11am this morning.
    No signs from AP of any areas of the ground selling out and this game certainly does not have that big game buzz and rush for tickets.

• 6094 including 887 Millers supporters. Just back at home so getting this in asap after my foul-up last Saturday!

• 5999 including 999 Millers

• 6118 with 1072 away fans.

• 6050 including 1000 Rotherham

• 6190 with 1075 Rotherham

• 6,027 including 1,095 away

• 6200 with 1000 away fans

• @wwfcblue said:
    Rotherham report over 900 tickets sold as of 11am this morning.
    No signs from AP of any areas of the ground selling out and this game certainly does not have that big game buzz and rush for tickets.

I disagree. Perhaps I’m not truly representative but I have a good feeling about this game, provided there are no changes in the lineup. The weather forecast is quite encouraging - a fresh breeze (but very gusty) and very little chance of rain. On the chilly side.

I’ll go with 6150 including 1150 in the red and white favours..