Skip to content

Man of the Match Season Update - 10 games to go

Here are the top five for the three categories as we round into the final stretch:

Total MOTM Votes:
1. Scowen - 230
2. Hanlan - 203
3. McLeary - 181
4. Jacobson - 180
5. Vokes - 172

Votes per Start (minimum 10 starts):
1. Scowen - 8.84
2. Hanlan - 8.82
3. Mehmeti - 8.17
4. McLeary - 6.70
5. Tafazolli - 6.13

Total MOTM awards:
1. Hanlan - 5
2. Stewart - 4
=3. Scowen - 4 (incl. 1 shared)
=3. Jacobson - 4 (incl. 1 shared)
=5. Mehmeti - 3
=5. Forino - 3

Notable developments:
1. McLeary has gone from front runner to playing serious catchup, owing to just 8 votes in the past 12 games.
2. Vokes has jumped from 11th to 5th in total votes owing to a torrid run of 87 votes in the past 8 games.
3. Tafazolli and Mehmeti still make the top 5 in votes per start, showing how significant they are when they do play.
4. Wing just became the 17th player to win a Gasroom MOTM award, out of 22 players who have made a start this season. The only players to have not won an award are McCarthy (21 starts), Horgan (11), Kaikai (8), Wheeler (8), and Freeman (1).

Player of the Season forecast:
I may not vote for the winner of the categories as actual POTS, but for me it is looking like a battle between Scowen, Hanlan, McLeary and Vokes. Hanlan and McLeary have note scored a lot of points lately, but have it in them to dominate any particular vote. GMac has been on a bad run but has been looking better. Scowen and Vokes are the consistency candidates, usually picking up smaller chunks of votes.

Comments

• No Wing?

• @micra said:
    No Wing?

He has not played enough to make any of the top fives yet, but did just pick up this week's award.

• Player of the season is going to be tough - lots of good candidates.

• Isn't it great that there are so many possibles in this team rather than an obvious stand-out? Great season so far in my book.

• Currently I'd be leaning toward Scowen for the consistency, or similarly Thommo who weirdly doesn't even appear in the stats up top.

• McCleary

• Vokes for consistency for me. Replacing Bayo was never going to be easy! But all of the above could get it and I would be happy.

• Vokes has now unobtrusively won me over. The stats alone speak for themselves (including consistent availability of course).

• I look at it this way - which player(s) are we notably worse without.
    1) Scowen
    2) Vokes

Big gap and then Thompson, Stewart, Tafazoli, Gmac, Mehmeti, Hanlan, JJ

• Scowen for me

• @Shev said:

@micra said:
    No Wing?

He has not played enough to make any of the top fives yet, but did just pick up this week's award.

Stupid, I know, but I hadn’t spotted the reference in your opening post to ‘top fives’.