Skip to content

Quick quiz

2»

Comments

• This team are a lot further south than Burton Albion.

• Is it something to do with playing against a team in blue quarters? Croydon?

• edited March 2022

Solihull Moors, formerly Solihull Borough? But I've no idea of the statistical fact.

Edit - played a game on a Sunday

• Weren’t we unbeaten at home then lost to Wimbledon, then didn’t lose at home again until they beat us at home again the following season?

• @Chris said:
    Is it something to do with playing against a team in blue quarters? Croydon?

Well done Mr Chris, the team is Croydon, formerly Croydon Amateurs, but nothing to do with the quarters.

• I got it from the year when they were established.

Is it beating them twice in the same calendar month?

• Or something to do with beating them on the opening game of the season?

• Playing one of the games on the opening day of the season is relevant Mr Chris.

• 84-85 we played them last game of the Isthmian season and went up to the Conference. We were relegated in 85-86 and our first game back in the Isthmian was against Croydon in 86-87.

Both games at home and won both

• That is correct Mr WWFC, but returning to the original question.

Which opposing team did we achieve a feat against, that we didn't manage to achieve in over a season later, until we met the very same team again ?

• Win a game in the Isthmian League

• That is correct but this is a statistical fact that we didn't achieve in between those 2 games.

• Earn 3 points for a home win? Rather than 2 in the Gola League?

• Bravo !!
    Its the quirky stat, that when we defeated Croydon on the last game of the 84/85 season and achieve promotion. We didn't managed to attain another 3 points for a home win (due to the Gola lge awarding only 2 points for a home win) until we met the South Londoners on the opening day of the 86/87 season.

• Brilliant

• @Chris said:
    Is it something to do with playing against a team in blue quarters? Croydon?

I'm not sure if Croydons quarters are a relatively new thing, as in the 80's and 70's they wore a light and royal blue kit.
    Not sure if they played in quarters in the 50's or 60's ?

• Brilliant quiz question and well worked out @Chris

• Point of note @ChasHarps, the title of the thread states, "quick quiz" yet it took 2 days to find the solution. Maybe you would like to find another title, as none of your quiz questions are "quick"!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Point of note @ChasHarps, the title of the thread states, "quick quiz" yet it took 2 days to find the solution. Maybe you would like to find another title, as none of your quiz questions are "quick"!

I did make this point at the outset ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Point of note @ChasHarps, the title of the thread states, "quick quiz" yet it took 2 days to find the solution. Maybe you would like to find another title, as none of your quiz questions are "quick"!

I did make this point at the outset ?

Well done.

Surely quick is defined by a set time. Two days for a Ukrainian visa application for example would be described as quick.

I like the quiz title. The irony, content and discussion makes it a quick read for the long quest for the truth