Skip to content

Great goals

This has been an incredible season for the quality of our goals. We must 15-16 outside the box (we were leading the four divisions at one point) combined with some really fantastic team goals. I think there are genuinely 20-25 goals that would have made last season's short list easily.

Comments

• And yes, I know I just posted this after Vokes scored with his backside.

• @Shev said:
    And yes, I know I just posted this after Vokes scored with his backside.

Those are the "best" kind of goals to score. Like The Spanish Inquisition, noone expects them

• edited March 2022

17 from outside the box, accounting for third-highest proportion of total goals in top four divisions

• Any idea how this compares with previous seasons? Is it just a statistical fluke or do some teams regularly feature highly (or lowly?)

• edited March 2022

@bookertease said:
    Any idea how this compares with previous seasons? Is it just a statistical fluke or do some teams regularly feature highly (or lowly?)

That is a good question but one which involves far too much Excel for a Saturday night! But I'm interested now, might have a look at some point. Not necessarily a correlation with playing style, which is interesting (we've been the most extremely direct team in the country for most of the season, Swansea just about the polar opposite).