Skip to content

Man of the Match - Crewe (A)

Who is your MOTM?

Poll not found

Comments

• Whoever gets the third goal. Even if it is with 21 seconds to go.

• Please let it be Jack Young.

• …..or Lewis Wing (my MOTM.

• Perhaps only @LX1 gets my 21 seconds reference.

• Wing by a nose. Shouts for Vokes, Stewart, Anis and Scowen too.

• Scowen

• Thought the whole team was good

I gave it to Wing for his 2 goals, though as always Scowen did the usually unseen, uncommented stuff superbly and created a platform for Wing & the front 4.

Nice little cameos towards the end from the subs too, Young looks good, Hanlon is awkward and terrifyingly fast, Wheels was solid and Forino just looked so comfortable and is absolutely pushing Stewart & Taffs hard for a starting place

• If it's not Wing today, it'll never be!

• @micra said:
      Whoever gets the third goal. Even if it is with 21 seconds to go.

We're a solid looking crew, whatever happens @micra

• Many good individual performances today - hopefully we're hitting form at the right time, although in fairness Crewe did give us a helping hand by not turning up for the first half.

I went for the predictable option with Wing - it wasn't just his goals though (which, although well taken, were somewhat laid on for him), I thought he controlled things well in midfield, picked some good passes and tracked back well when needed.

No-one's mentioned Horgan but I thought today was one of his better games. But like I said, a good day at the office all round.

Young definitely deserves a mention, 10 minutes is no length of time to truly judge a player, but he got stuck right in and did the scrapping midfield part that he was clearly brought on to do, and even whipped in a mean cross. Could prove to be a great find and provide vital strength in depth for the run-in.

• Wing was excellent for a second game running. I love Thompson but the way Wing & Scowen are linking up is a joy to watch and is almost entirely down to the change in style. Before that Wing had been anonymous.

On a side note, I still can’t believe we have Sam Vokes. He’s far too good for League One. Perhaps it’s the specifics of what he’s good at that means he’s simply not appreciated by some clubs.

• Vokes was brilliant again today. He remains great in the air but the ball into his feet I think he’s even better. I can’t think of a better all round striker that we’ve had in the last 20 years. MUST keep for next season.

• edited March 2022

It will be Wing but Taff took a direct shot from close range that his head stopped going in at 2-1 up…
      No ducking that header!

• I only saw the second half. Wing looked good enough in that to win it though

• Wing is going to become the 17th different Wycombe player to win the coveted Gasroom MOTM award this season, which I think is pretty impressive.

• Watching from Vipienne, the moment they put up 11 added minutes I said Wing would score in them. Hope that opens the floodgate for him.

• Didn't see but voted for Wing after watching Quest! Two good goals and another player for the opposition to worry about.