Skip to content

Railway quiz

LX1LX1
edited March 2022 in Football

Which British ground is closest to a railway station?

Comments

• Risborough Rangers ?

• @ChasHarps said:
    Risborough Rangers ?

There is closer

• Glasgow Junior side Pollock FC is right by the railway line, can't remember if there is a station there ??

• I believe the Ricoh is close, but trains don't use the station on match days.

• Pollokshaw East station is just the other side of some flats, but not the droids, sorry answer, I'm looking for.

• Manchester United’s Stadium walls are less than 20 metres from Manchester United Train Station Building walls. The Bobby Charlton stand actually sits over the railway.

Can’t get any closer than that.

• That was the answer I was looking for @wwfcblue.

However I've just done some research and it looks like it closed in 2018! So the title is still up for grabs...

• Fleetwood have a tram stop as do Sheff Weds not more than 200/300 yards from the ground.
    I would then guess the two St James’ Parks at Exeter and Newcastle must be pretty close. Chelsea and Charlton must be in with a shout as well

• Wembley Stadium?

• The new Brentford ground is pretty close to Kew Bridge?

• I imagine both St.James’s are very close ironically? I’ll plump with Exeter

• Horwich Parkway to University of Bolton Stadium?

• Coleraine FC (UK as opposed to British, not sure if you meant to exclude Northern Ireland) is within about 50 yards as the crow flies. Not yet a direct footpath between the two but is planned for the ground development

• The Bescot Stadium has a station, but idk how close it is?

• The Hawthorns is very close to the ground.

• Not allowing trams or metro..out of those mentioned I think Exeter City have it in terms of League clubs. Fancy The metro in Newcastle is closer though.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    The Bescot Stadium has a station, but idk how close it is?

If you include both of their respective car parks then it’s about 70 feet.

• Exeter.

• Maidenhead?

• I also wonder (I have no answer to hand) which Premier League or EFL ground is furthest from a railway station.

• Reading is quite a walk from station.

• @Chris said:
    I also wonder (I have no answer to hand) which Premier League or EFL ground is furthest from a railway station.

I would guess FGR

• Yeovil, Shrewsbury and ourselves have got to be up there!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Chris said:
    I also wonder (I have no answer to hand) which Premier League or EFL ground is furthest from a railway station.

I would guess FGR

3.2 miles from Stroud - furthest I’ve seen so far but it would surprise me if it the winner was that low a distance.

• Just remembered Coventry's new ground which I believe is closer than Exeter

• @Twizz said:
    Horwich Parkway to University of Bolton Stadium?

Ha, for some reason I thought the criteria was was "used the connection for a Wycombe game". Anyway, I still forgot Fulham Broadway to Stamford Bridge and Charlton to The Valley.

• @Chris said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Chris said:

I would guess FGR

3.2 miles from Stroud - furthest I’ve seen so far but it would surprise me if it the winner was that low a distance.

I think it might be Fleetwood - over 4 miles to the nearest station I can find which is Poulton-le-Fylde

• Derby county is very close to the station

• I remember Goole Towns being pretty close to the station.