Skip to content

500 games up for Gaz

Shame it's not a home game. Regardless, one hell of an achievement!

Comments

• Do you think they took off the few he missed for illness? Technically he was in charge and would have had a lot of input anyway so maybe not. And of course it doesn't actually matter.
    Congrats to our King. Many more hopefully.

• Oooh, good point

• Ill or not, he’s still the manager. All competitive matches must surely be included. Friendlies? Grey area.

• Depends whether or not you believe in the conspiracy theory that Dobbo was in full charge v Sheff Wed and Birmingham for those first two wins last season

• It'll include any ill/not on dugout games as like Micra says he was still the manager.
    Am sure it's competitive games too, so not friendlies.

The grey area is B&B games. I wouldn't imagine that counts, but something like the Checkatrade would.

• It's 500 games, folks! Just go with it...it's not important how the stats pan out. It's not the end of the world if in some mathematical paradigm it's 497. Sometimes the Gasroom seems to need an inquest and fact-check on everything!

• But I've paid my ST money @Wendoverman, I demand to know. Is it 500 competitive first team matches in charge or have I been short changed again and we're handling out the accolade when, in fact, it's only 497?
    These occasions don't come along every day!

• @Wendoverman said:
    It's 500 games, folks! Just go with it...it's not important how the stats pan out. It's not the end of the world if in some mathematical paradigm it's 497. Sometimes the Gasroom seems to need an inquest and fact-check on everything!

It’s all about when to shout it from the rooftops and it would be great if, when everyone has agreed which categories of match should be counted, it transpires that the 500th will be one of the next couple of home games.
    Keep well away from rooftops if that match has already been played. Not a word to ‘Gaz’ either.

• 1884 or 1887? I went to the 'centenary game' in 1984 and I'm still waiting to find out whether or not I can claim my money back...

• Seem to have deleted the last part of my first paragraph!
    Probably “so be it” or perhaps “let’s tell the world”. Or, at least, the 70 odd countries that now follow the mighty Wanderers.

• It’s an incredible and quite possibly unprecedented achievement.

• Is it 500 games as manager or 500 games as player and manager combined?

• Is it amazing, fabulous or incredible?

• Typical secrecy from the club, not telling us how the 500 is calculated.

• @eric_plant said:
    Is it 500 games as manager or 500 games as player and manager combined?

Is it eight seasons and a half seasons as manager...which given league, three cup competitions and play-off games probably makes the 500?

• edited March 2022

Gasman has spoken! Let's go with this.

• Interesting that we’ve won a decent amount more than we’ve lost, and yet conceded more goals than we’ve scored.

• I bet we win by the odd goal more often than we lose by the odd goal. Or something.

• Another 3-0 win on Saturday needed to take Gaz into positive goal difference.

• That Brentford 7-2 loss and the 5-0 away to Blackburn are going to cost him his job if he does not turn that goal difference around.

This missed the most important stat anyway: what is the XG for Wycombe and our opponents in that time?

• @Wendoverman said:
    It's 500 games, folks! Just go with it...it's not important how the stats pan out. It's not the end of the world if in some mathematical paradigm it's 497. Sometimes the Gasroom seems to need an inquest and fact-check on everything!

Let’s put it to a vote ?