Skip to content

March 26th: Non-League Day

With our match v Fleetwood being brought forward to March 15th, it leaves March 26th as a free day. As it happens it’s Non-League Day when lots of events & special offers will be available from enterprising local clubs. A date for your diary.

Comments

• How about Adams Park staging the Spartan League derby that day? Holmer Green v Flackwell Heath. England v Switzerland on in the bars afterwards at 5.30 - should be a fun game for local fans to watch? I’m sure both HG & FH would jump at the chance.

• Can't imagine it happening but that is a lovely idea.

• If we get a home draw in the B & B Senior Cup Semi-Final is there a chance it could be played on Sat 26th March?

• edited March 2022

I'm sure the clubs themselves would jump at the chance, but what's the gain for our club?

Generate some lovely local esteem yes, but our club are run as a business days, and I'm not sure what the business case would be for proposing what could be a loss maker?

• WW were kind enough to donate our share of the gate receipts to Long Crendon. I hope the same sentiment would prevail in this case. Trying to break everything in life down to its commercial value is very depressing. WW are trying to rebuild bridges with the local clubs that has previously been ignored for the last 20-30 years.

• I'm not sure there would be many gate receipts though.

How many do those 2 clubs get on an average week? How many do you think would turn up for a mere league game between them? If it was a major local cup final maybe.

• @A_Worboys said:
    If we get a home draw in the B & B Senior Cup Semi-Final is there a chance it could be played on Sat 26th March?

I’m not certain, but I believe it was agreed that Wycombe, Reading and Young Milton Rovers would come in from the quarters and only play away ties?

• If played at Adams Park & it was promoted properly I think Holmer Green v Flackwell Heath would pull in 500-1,000 instead of about 100 at Holmer Green.

• Absolutely no chance

• Now we know that Jersey Bulls are playing at Adams Park the week before, this is possible.

• Beaconsfield home to Wimborne that day. Good standard of football and really worth a watch.