Skip to content

Man of the Match - Cambridge

Missing this one, so putting this up early now the team is out and hoping none of the subs complicate things.

Poll not found

Comments

• Bumping thread as I started it earlier.

• Great team performance, but a real standout from Mehmeti.

• ANISSSSSSSSSS

• Five votes out of nine so far. Well done Anis. And a much improved performance by Lewis Wing.

• I went for Scowen as I thought he was almost faultless today and gave us the much needed solidity at the back with his screening of the back 4 that allowed the creative players the platform to dazzle

• Everyone was on their game today. I went Mehmeti, - swagger , Volkes a close second “differnt

• “different gravey “

• Wouldn't begrudge any of them getting it today, everyone did a solid professional job.

• Went Mehmeti, 2 goals and an assist, what more can you ask for on a night like tonight?

Other honourable mentions -

Tafazoli, my 2nd pick, he gives us great balance on that left side of defence. Headed and blocked everything second half.

Wing - best showing so far

Scowen - at his tenacious best

Vokes - classy as ever, and clearance on the line got us a much needed clean sheet.

Everyone else was OK but those stood out for me.

• I went for Vokes...some great touches, in the thick of it throughout and saved the clean sheet! No arguments though with whoever gets the most votes. Great result tonight!

• Hard one again tonight but for good reasons again at last. Without scoring, Vokes showed just how good a player he is, some of his passing was just superb so against tough opposition from Anis and Josh, I've gone with him

• I couldn't decide between Vokes or Mehmeti, but went Vokes, he was just absolutely tireless, didn't stop, was all over the place and don't think he's won as many of these as he deserves to have done. But delighted for Mehmeti as well, strange to think why he's been out of the team

• This is a much nicer thread to be in than recent games, you could pick from many tonight.

Mehmeti was sublime first half, then anonymous second and still managed to score again.

McCleary showing real glimpses of his early season form.

Wing had his best game by a mile tonight and complimented Scowen perfectly, picking up the balls the later won and linking with the front four.

Obita & McCarthy running marathon distances and looking genuinely dangerous despite returning to fullback positions.

Tough to pick just one but I went for Wing.

• Is it time for a change though? Ainsworth has a big belt buckle

• Votes for eight different players. Speaks volumes. And the other three were fine too. Stockdale hardly involved.

• Mehmeti for me as he added energy and pace and was a constant threat with his direct approach. Vokes also had an excellent game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • @LX1 said:
      Is it time for a change though? Ainsworth has a big belt buckle

I know it’s probably just me with my difficulty in fathoming (to me) obscure references but I love many of @LX1’s posts and it’s frustrating not to ‘get’ a fair few of them, more particularly the nocturnal ones!

• Perhaps whoever gave the thumbs up could explain it, even if it was @LX1 himself !

• On a broader note he is mocking anyone who thought that after a couple of defeats we might want to consider changing our manager, but more specifically he is ridiculing the poster who suggested that Gareth Ainsworth get a haircut and dress differently as a way out of a bad run of form.

I thought it was a typically witty post from him, and I've slightly ruined it but deconstructing it here

I say "slightly", completely is probably more accurate

• I thought it was very wry until your detailed textual analysis, @eric_plant But thanks anyway!

• Very wry. But, saddo that I am, I needed @eric_plant’s explanation. I bet a lot of people did but either didn’t want to admit it or just didn’t care.

• I have no problem with either MacCleary or Mehmeti being MOTM. I noticed that MacCleary filled in as right wing back, even right back, to cover Mccarthy when he pushed forward. Was this a change to stiffen the defence? It was also great to see the ball on the ground so much, seems like the change in tactics we saw at the same stage last year?