Skip to content

Thompson and Scowen

I think most would agree this pairing is our strongest central midfield duo and provides us with the most solidity. I thought I’d have a look at the results when they both played.

33 games played, 55 points = 1.67 PPG (7th)

Only 14 games where both have played (42%), 27 points = 1.92 PPG (3rd)

9 games with just Scowen, 15 points = 1.67 PPG (7th)

10 games with just Thompson, 13 points = 1.3 PPG (15th)

I think for the remainder of this season/next season we need to find a way to get these two playing together more regularly. With a back 4 that would allow the best solid base and 3 attackers to play around Vokes.

Comments

• Curtis out for a at least a couple of weeks according to Gaz last night - but that might be a conservative assessment, just from the way he seemed to be plucking out a random time period off the top of his head...

• God we need Gape to have a good spell.... Good player when fully fit & minutes under the belt. Can't bear the thought of Wheeler at CM any longer. He's lost his agility, but more importantly he's rubbish at picking up second balls. Would like to see Pendlebury get some minutes too....

• I wonder if there's any Wycombe fan that wouldn't start the pair of them every game when fit?

• @Malone said:
    I wonder if there's any Wycombe fan that wouldn't start the pair of them every game when fit?

You're asking if there's just one idiot within the fan base?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    I wonder if there's any Wycombe fan that wouldn't start the pair of them every game when fit?

You're asking if there's just one idiot within the fan base?

Yep good point.

• We concede 1.1 goals/game when both start, compared to 1.5/game when neither / only one starts...

• Gape is an able deputy, though. He has simply not had the chance to find form in the past couple of injury-riddled seasons. I would sleep at night if we had any two of the three healthy at the same time. We did get promoted with Curtis and Dom, after all!

• Totally agreed @Shev. Wheeler and Wing are ok deputies but any two from that three when fit would be the business.