Skip to content

Comments

• Stuck away on Tuesday night at 2am like the good old days?

• Who presented The Championship? I want to say Matt Smith...

• If that’s the case let’s hope that Colin Murray moves with them.

• I used to love the Tuesday night 2am slot back in the day. It was free to air and I was a student at the time so it worked quite nicely for me. Thankfully things have moved on somewhat since then, and over the last few years Quest have massively improved on any earlier attempts at football league highlights packages.

Whereas returning to ITV might previously have been viewed as a step forward, I'm not remotely confident that they will carry it off to anywhere near the same level. I'm not a fully signed up member of the Colin Murray fan club, but he has developed an impressive depth of knowledge across the three leagues and presents very articulately.

• Murray has decent lower league knowledge and more importantly an empathy for the clubs who want to do it the right way.

A massive step up on the faux BBC lower league expert Clem. For all the years he’s been the only allowed voice I’ve never heard him add any value or insight at all.

• I used to fill endless VHS tapes of the programme in its ITV days went it never went on before midnight. They used to do features on one club a week which meant it was our turn roughly every two seasons. Seemed like good coverage at the time, and the whole thing took about 50 minutes.

I've barely watched it for years (the horrific early episodes on Channel 5 put me off) but I did tune in after the Oxford game recently and whilst the programme had much to commend, it the fact that every goal was shown twice made it drag endlessly to me.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Murray has decent lower league knowledge and more importantly an empathy for the clubs who want to do it the right way.

A massive step up on the faux BBC lower league expert Clem. For all the years he’s been the only allowed voice I’ve never heard him add any value or insight at all.

He has a big handshake! I would favour Colin Murray myself as he actually seems to enjoy lower league football. ITV have a habit of trying to tart up and complicate matters when it comes to sport in general though.

• Bit of a shame really as I enjoyed Quest. One big downside this season was that where I used to watch it on catch up, Sunday mornings, it has now moved to Discovery channel and has become subscription based. So, if I don't manage to stay awake long enough, I miss most of the L1 & L2 matches. I really am too skint to pay for yet another subscription based channel on top of Netflix & Amazon Prime.
    So, the move to ITV is a bonus as I assume I can watch this on catch up for free?

• Really? I watched it on Quest last Sunday morning, for free.

• Yes, on Quest at 10.00 am. However not on catch up/streaming. I'm often attending other duties at 10am on a Sunday, so streaming suits better.

• EFL on Quest is free to watch on the Discovery+ app. Discovery+ is a paid for subscription service however the EFL highlights are free to watch. Available via the App Store or on most/all streaming sticks or smart TVs.

• edited February 2022

@Gary said:
    EFL on Quest is free to watch on the Discovery+ app. Discovery+ is a paid for subscription service however the EFL highlights are free to watch. Available via the App Store or on most/all streaming sticks or smart TVs.

I have a mac desktop, please could you supply a link?
    All I seem to get os that I have to download the Sky app, which I never used to have to do???

• @EwanHoosaami said:

I have a mac desktop, please could you supply a link?
    All I seem to get os that I have to download the Sky app, which I never used to have to do???

I use this https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb - you'll have to register but it is free to watch the EFL Quest show.

• Thanks @arnos_grove . Just tried it and within 2 clicks it has asked me to sign up with a subscription after 7 days free trial?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Thanks @arnos_grove . Just tried it and within 2 clicks it has asked me to sign up with a subscription after 7 days free trial?

I can’t remember exactly how I got my account - it was so I could watch the Giro D’Italia. I paid a fiver or similar for the month but I cancelled the Eurosport aspect and it still lets me watch EFL on Quest for free.

Have a look at this link

https://auth.discoveryplus.com/gb/product

Scroll past the offers and there’s a ‘register to watch free content’ button at the foot of the page.

• I just record it and fast forward through all the banalities at my leisure during the week, simple as.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    I just record it and fast forward through all the banalities at my leisure during the week, simple as.

Me too.

• As a Freeview user, who only gets Quest in standard definition, watching on catch-up is essential if I want to see who’s who.

• Good grief - I hope the programme isn’t hosted by Matt Smith. Unlike Colin Murray (who I think is excellent) it’ll soon turn into the Matt Smith show, interspersed with a few football snippets.