Skip to content

Sam Vokes

2»

Comments

• @micra said:
    Impression from commentary and one or two posters seemed to be that Forino’s performance after the gaff (responsibility for which must surely be put partly at JJ’s door) seemed unaffected.

Do I see a rare spelling error from you?!

• @micra said:
    Impression from commentary and one or two posters seemed to be that Forino’s performance after the gaff (responsibility for which must surely be put partly at JJ’s door) seemed unaffected.

I'd agree with that, the initial blunder was fairly hideous, but such things happen - he definitely put in a bunch of essential blocks later in the game to redeem himself though.

• edited February 2022

I thought Forino was okay....and I suspect Gareth thought at 5-3...we've turned this around, we're back in control... no need to make too many changes! OOOPs!

• It was the McCleary for JJ change that was really strange. JJ for Stewart may just have won us the game. However, maybe there are things we don’t know about going on.

• Forino is great, but he is not at Taff's level yet, nowhere near. There have been games where Taff's simply swept everything up calmly like a janitor cleaning up after unruly schoolchildren.

However, as @mooneyman says, Forino is definitely the future. Even if every 30-year-old plus player left after this season, we would have quite the team!

• I'd play Grimmer ahead of McCarthy in a back four 101 times out of every 100. I think KaiKai also deserves to keep his place in the team and if we're able to play him in a midfield three ahead of Scowen and Thompson, he may well come alive.

• I would certainly go with a back four. Stewart doesn't look that comfortable in a five. The question would be who partners him ? Forino is inexperienced and as expected will make mistakes as he learns his trade, where as Taff's is solid and strong, but seems to have lost a yard of pace he could ill afford to lose. And has looked ponderous.
    Grimmer a much better right back than McCarthy,
    Left back depends on the opposition, JJ the better defensively, but can get cruelly exposed by a pacy right sided attacker. Obita much quicker but looks at times suspect defensively.
    With Jack Wakely no where near the first team, I really can't understand why after we failed to sign the central defender from Morecambe. We have left ourselves so light in that department.

• The best we have looked by far this season is with five at the back and Scowen and Thompson in midfield. If we're able to pick this team tomorrow then I would:

Stockdale

Obita

JJ - Taffazolli - Stewart

Grimmer/McCarthy (can't decide, if McCarthy is at his best he's clearly a better wing back)

Thompson - Scowen

Vokes - Hanlan - McCleary

• Stewart was superb against Oxford, and that was in a five

• Oxford played one up front, and constantly kept hitting high and misplaced balls to Matty five foot up front.

• That would be my first choice 11 too.

• @Commoner said:
    Vokes has been sensational this season, hopefully, he is enjoying playing and may just want to stay because he can play week in week out. Hopefully his family are settled in one of the best places to live in the UK.

Careful @Commoner, you could risk the wrath of @ChasHarps with statements like that!!

• I am sure Stewart will re-appear tomorrow night.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I am sure Stewart will re-appear tomorrow night.

If it's true that it is down to what is rumoured - it's odd that GA would punish him by leaving him on the bench. If he is a "bad egg" - then surely he shouldn't be around the squad at all?

Tell him what you think and move on.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Commoner said:
    Vokes has been sensational this season, hopefully, he is enjoying playing and may just want to stay because he can play week in week out. Hopefully his family are settled in one of the best places to live in the UK.

Careful @Commoner, you could risk the wrath of @ChasHarps with statements like that!!

Haha! Of course, I refer to Bucks rather than Marlow specifically. What more could you want? Beautiful landscapes, a range of schools, London on your doorstep and the best team in football to support...

• I'm.still none the wiser about what is 'rumoured' but whatever has gone on I am pretty sure it will blow over.

• edited February 2022

@Wendoverman said:
    I'm.still none the wiser about what is 'rumoured' but whatever has gone on I am pretty sure it will blow over.

Taf got caught handling salmon in suspicious circumstances

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I'm.still none the wiser about what is 'rumoured' but whatever has gone on I am pretty sure it will blow over.

While looking unhappy to be there? What's that to do with Stewart?

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:

While looking unhappy to be there? What's that to do with Stewart?

Supplied the bait, I heard

• edited February 2022

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:

Context:

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@micra said:

Do I see a rare spelling error from you?!

How predictive changed blunder to gaff I’ll never know. And spellcheck forgot the e on gaff.