Skip to content

Ainsworth to Dundee?

After James McPake's dismissal who do we think will be next Wycombe manager?

After all Garreth comes from north of the Watford Gap which is some homogeneous region where anyone from anywhere wants to manage anyone.

Will he take Dobbo north? How will this affect our promotion bid? Will Dennis the Menace intervene?

Comments

• They will doubtless be weighing up the relative merits of GA and DA (Derek Adams).

• He would be a bit of a fruit cake to go to Dundee!

• The crocodile nearest the canoe is Saturday's game against Cheltenham

• @LeedsBlue said:
    The crocodile nearest the canoe is Saturday's game against Cheltenham

Fine words butter no parsnips as far as I’m concerned.

• Gareth lives near Finchampstead so to make all of his family up sticks and move to Scotland seems a bit extreme

• @Otter87 said:
    Gareth lives near Finchampstead so to make all of his family up sticks and move to Scotland seems a bit extreme

Especially if it’s all as a result of a joke post on here.

• @micra said:

@LeedsBlue said:

Fine words butter no parsnips as far as I’m concerned.

Thumbs down from someone who presumably didn’t appreciate that I was reacting to a post which (to me) seemed pretentious and unfathomable.

• edited February 2022

@Otter87 said:
    Gareth lives near Finchampstead so to make all of his family up sticks and move to Scotland seems a bit extreme

Check who started a thread first pal.
    If it's LX1 then you can take it as a bit of a spoof. :)

• @Malone said:

@Otter87 said:

Check who started a thread first pal.
    If it's LX1 then you can take it as a bit of a spoof. :)

Especially if it is posted in the early hours of a morning!

• @micra you “quoted” me and then further down claimed you were responding to a ‘pretentious post’. Please do explain...

• From memory, @LeedsBlue, (and it’s hard to judge what sort of people, based on their posts, appear to lie behind their usernames and then to remember who’s who, as it were) but I’m pretty sure that you and I have always had amicable exchanges and a good rapport but, as an occasionally grumpy octogenarian who gets frustrated when he can’t fathom what is meant by what, to him, is an unusual and possibly literary-based statement, he gropes around for an appropriate adjective. I probably chose the wrong one and I apologise for any offence that it may have caused. Pretentious - moi?!

• edited February 2022

@micra you seem to be after a scuffle this last couple of days.
    All ok oldest son?

• edited February 2022

@micra for clarity, LX1 launched into some classic late night japery around the vacant Dundee job, Mooneyman threw in a Dundee (cake) pun, so I joined in with my own (Crocodile) Dundee effort...

If it was Dundee United, I’d have suggested that GA might have been tempted to roll the (tanna)dice ?

(Fortunately for all, “I’m NOT here all week...”)

• @LeedsBlue said:

I’m none the wiser. I’ve no idea what that means. I’m very sorry. And I thought @Malone knew me better than to suggest I’ve been looking for a scuffle. Not my style.

• Interesting that 'Crocodile' and 'Dundee' both made an appearance in the same short thread.

• @micra said:

@LeedsBlue said:

I’m none the wiser. I’ve no idea what that means. I’m very sorry. And I thought @Malone knew me better than to suggest I’ve been looking for a scuffle. Not my style.

Only a gentle, time to kill style one of course:)

• edited February 2022

I give up. File under ‘overused workplace sayings’ (solve the immediate problem first).