Skip to content

Accrington for Groundhoppers

For any groundhoppers out there, Blackburn are playing QPR at 1230 the same day we play Accrington at 1500.
My son and I are going for the double header!

The grounds are 9 miles apart and approx 30-40 minutes between games.

Comments

• Might have been tempted by that if I hadn't a prior engagement down this way.

Especially with us being the second game, as imagine how much added on time would mess with the arrangements if we were up first!

• Haha! Definitely wouldn't have done a 2nd game with us first!

Always looking to get two grounds done in the weekend when making the long drive north. We did United and Wednesday in Sheffield earlier in the season.

Did Burnley (1230) and Fleetwood (1730) double header last season in the FA Cup, we could have added Preston (1500) as well in between but didn't think we'd have time between matches to do all three.

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2022

Great spot @Commoner. Was going to sit by the fire, but you have inspired. Ewood Park a tick off

• Would be a decent "sticky" thread this one @commoner.
    Especially with someone with a keen eye for options like yourself being involved regularly.

• Thanks for mentioning this, strongly considering it

• @LX1 said:
    Great spot @Commoner. Was going to sit by the fire, but you have inspired. Ewood Park a tick off

We’re in the Jack Walker Upper Stand. block W11w if you fancy a half time beer!

• Blimey, that sounds more complicated than rolling from the Crown to the terrace at Accrington, but cheers will do if I can!

• edited February 2022

I regularly use the football ground guide website.
    Always good advice for pubs and parking.
    Looking at Blackburn, best parking options are down Branch Road. You need to drive away from the ground and turn right down Cross Street.
    Roads around Ewood are closed for 30 minutes after kick off, so make sure you park the right side!

• @LX1 said:
    Blimey, that sounds more complicated than rolling from the Crown to the terrace at Accrington, but cheers will do if I can!

Planning to go to the Crown afterwards to watch the egg chasing. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea!!!

• My ones tougher to do accy v wyc at 3pm and then get back most probably for the start of the 2nd half of the everton v Man City game.

Or just go the accy match and watch the Everton game in the pub afterwards.

Looking back I've done some silly ones in the past.

• Tri> @ryan_w_kirkby2 said:

My ones tougher to do accy v wyc at 3pm and then get back most probably for the start of the 2nd half of the everton v Man City game.

Or just go the accy match and watch the Everton game in the pub afterwards.

Looking back I've done some silly ones in the past.

Triple header mate