Skip to content

Man of the Match - Lincoln (A)

Some good performances and some not so good...

Poll not found

Comments

• I was going to give it to Forino anyway, but in light of the goal...

• Forino…the goal was everything today…Horgan showed well when he came on.

• I went Scowen, despite the red card, as he really seemed to be everywhere. However, Forino is a great shout, and based on how this poll has started, he may win his 3rd MOTM in 6 starts, which would be quite incredible.

• Vokes for me, an outstanding shift today

• Forino. If we don't go up, the silver lining will be that he will have a full season as a guaranteed starter in League one.

• edited February 2022

It’s worth watching a replay of Forino’s goal, it’s absolutely perfect target man striker play. The way he drifts into the space between two defenders is proper striker instinct. Presumably Vokes was being man marked as you’d really expect him to get into those positions and I don’t think he did once.

The last two games have made me rather excited for Forino’s future.

• Can’t be a coincidence that our goal scoring has fallen off a cliff since Vokes caught Covid.

• Forino is becoming the Adele of these awards. Outstanding again

• Forino and Thompson were excellent. Vokes won every single header but to little effect. JJ swept up everything that came his way, and that’s who I went for.

Odd I can praise so many performances given collectively we were so poor for most of the game.

• Forino for me, also thought Thompson / Scowen / Vokes good. However the save just before HT alone from Stockdale had him as a close 2nd as would have been game over.

• @drcongo said:
      It’s worth watching a replay of Forino’s goal, it’s absolutely perfect target man striker play. The way he drifts into the space between two defenders is proper striker instinct. Presumably Vokes was being man marked as you’d really expect him to get into those positions and I don’t think he did once.

The last two games have made me rather excited for Forino’s future.

Hear hear! What an amazing job the club's brain trust do at unearthing gems! When Pendlebury can score a brace to beat Cheltenham yet be a distant third in development squad achievements for the season, we are definitely going in the right direction!

• Jacobson and Vokes were fantastic yesterday, as was Forino obviously. I went for JJ though. Didn't put a foot wrong

• @Forest_Blue said:
      Forino…the goal was everything today…Horgan showed well when he came on.

Horgan was dreadful when he came on! What game were you watching?

• I thought he was pretty good actually and looked like he might make a positive difference.

• Really? The Gasroom has a strange love of Horgan which I've never understood. He's consistently been our most underwhelming player for the last two seasons. Gave the ball away so many times when he came on yesterday and made some really poor decisions

• Really? The Gasroom has a strange dislike of Horgan which I've never understood.

Fair enough @WanderingDays, difference of footballing opinion, which is what supporting is all about.

• Why does everyone think the whole Gasroom has only one opinion?

• Because it will come to light eventually that the Gasroom is in fact a kind of matrix, a medical experiment involving someone with seventy split personalities ruminating on the meaning of life through the paradigm of Wycombe Wanderers.

• @Shev said:
      Because it will come to light eventually that the Gasroom is in fact a kind of matrix, a medical experiment involving someone with seventy split personalities ruminating on the meaning of life through the paradigm of Wycombe Wanderers.

Dev?

• Horgan played well when he came on, involved in the build up for the Forino goal. Probably earns a start on Saturday.

• @Wendoverman said:
      Why does everyone think the whole Gasroom has only one opinion?

I'm comparing the Gasroom's general feelings to the opinions of fans I know personally, and opinions seen on Facebook and Twitter. And also the opinions of people like myself who were in the away end at Lincoln on Saturday and who watched Horgan produce yet another display of consistently giving the ball away and lacking any final product

See the Twitter thread below for comments from multiple others with exactly the same thoughts as me:

• @WanderingDays said:

@Wendoverman said:
      Why does everyone think the whole Gasroom has only one opinion?

I'm comparing the Gasroom's general feelings to the opinions of fans I know personally, and opinions seen on Facebook and Twitter. And also the opinions of people like myself who were in the away end at Lincoln on Saturday and who watched Horgan produce yet another display of consistently giving the ball away and lacking any final product

See the Twitter thread below for comments from multiple others with exactly the same thoughts as me:

I'd suggest that 7 or 8 of you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

• Not being one to sit on the fence, but I thought Horgan was a bit of both - started poorly, and then came on strong. See? We are ALL right, in a way...

• Some MOTM thoughts, interesting perhaps only to me:

1. Forino has 3 MOTM awards in 6 matches. If only he had most of a season, he might be a threat for POTS!

2. In 6 starts, Forino has more raw votes (115) than Mehmeti (111 in 15 starts), Vokes (101 in 27), Grimmer (47 in 20), Obita (44 in 29) and McCarthy (23 in 18), among others.

3. Forino's 19.16 votes per start would be top by a mile if his 6 starts was over the minimum threshold (next would be Hanlan with 9.66).

4. McLeary has not gained a single vote in the last three games, and only 5 votes in the last 7 games.

5. Lewis Wing gets his first ever MOTM vote. May it be the first of many!

6. A surprising amount of players have gone back to back with MOTM awards:
        1 - Scowen (Wig A and Lin H)
        2 - Stewart (Don A and Roth A)
        3 - Hanlan (Fleet A and Ips H)
        4 - Mehmeti (Bol H and Ply A)
        5 - Hanlan again (Bol A and Oxf H)
        6 - Forino (Shrew H and Lin A)

• Pity we didn't sign the central defender to cover for Taff and Stewart that so many on here were demanding!!

• "so many" doing a lot of heavy lifting there

• @mooneyman said:
      Pity we didn't sign the central defender to cover for Taff and Stewart that so many on here were demanding!!

We need a striker to improve those chances stats. At least Rob C will have £5 million extra in his checkbook for the summer.