Skip to content

Lewis Wing song

To the tune of Phillipe Coutinho's song which is VERY catchy by the way...
(can't think what the original song is called for the life of me!)

https://mobile.twitter.com/theawayfans/status/1485180883590074369

"He came from Boro, to play in light'dark blue,
He was at Yeovil, was too good for League 2,
He came to Wycombe, to hear the Chairboys sing,
He's f**king magic, his name is Lewis Wing....der der der der der der...."

Comments

• I think the tune might be "Push It", by Salt-N-Pepa.

• Quite complicated compared to 'There's only one Lewis Wing '

• Why do we make up songs about certain players ? They don't get sung anyway !

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Quite complicated compared to 'There's only one Lewis Wing '

So true!

I wish we had a variety of songs but sadly we don’t. There’s Hanlon’s old dynamite song but instead we go with a song that doesn’t really fit. I find myself singing Anis Anis, to the tune of Denis by Blondie. It works so well but it would never be sung on the terrace.

• Don't really know what's wrong with "for 24 years I've been living next door to Anis"

• Anis mirabilis.

• Do we still sing 'Tequila,' for Dave Wheeler?

• I don’t!

• I'm humming it right now, hopefully i'll get to wheel out his celebration later.

• There was a new song against Lincoln, to the tune of Rocking All Over The World, instead of singing that for that last line, it was Scowen and Chris Forino.
    Turned into a bit of an earworm for me now!
    Also have to give credit to Tom for his drumming. Atmosphere was the best it's been for weeks, or probably even months.

• Could do Winging on a Prayer?

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    There was a new song against Lincoln, to the tune of Rocking All Over The World, instead of singing that for that last line, it was Scowen and Chris Forino.
    Also have to give credit to Tom for his drumming. Atmosphere was the best it's been for weeks, or probably even months.

Cheers mate much appreciated it such catchy song init lol

• Familiar as I am with the Quo hit, I’m at a loss as to how Scowen and Forino fit into any of the lines that I can recall. I’ll just have to pin back me lugholes and listen carefully when @NewburyWanderer bursts into song on Saturday.

• Sorry @micra very much doubt that will be happening. Difficult enough getting Frank Adams block P to sing along with any of the old favourites, so can't see them doing it with a new one, and I'm definitely not going solo!

• @uptheblues said:

@NewburyWanderer said:
    There was a new song against Lincoln, to the tune of Rocking All Over The World, instead of singing that for that last line, it was Scowen and Chris Forino.

Cheers mate much appreciated it such catchy song init lol

@uptheblues Great to hear the away fans in full voice, just like the old days.