Skip to content

Tjay loaned to Eastleigh

I would have embedded the tweet, but Twitter seems to have broken right now so can't access it at present. But I saw Eastleigh mention they've signed Tjay De Barr on a one-month loan. Should be a good bit of experience for him in the National League and hopefully he'll get a few goals to come back to Wycombe with.

Here's the WW news artcle anyway: https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/february/11/tjay-makes-loan-move/

Comments

• Good move for him. He’s a useful player to have, energetic and strong. Just hasn’t had the chance to get more than a few minutes here and there though.

• They've just signed Brett Pitman too so they'll have an entirely new frontline this weekend. He'll be useful to learn from too.

• Great move for him he needs more game time I’ve got a good feeling about Tj

• I can’t think of a decent ‘loan out to improve’ since Scowen all those years ago, mostly seems to be a way to stop fringe players casting a shadow in the managers doorway. Ready to standbcorrected, hit me with some revelations.

• edited February 2022

@perfidious_albion said:
    I can’t think of a decent ‘loan out to improve’ since Scowen all those years ago, mostly seems to be a way to stop fringe players casting a shadow in the managers doorway. Ready to standbcorrected, hit me with some revelations.

I was thinking similar.
    Especially with the development gang. Most of them are on a year aren't they? So a loan out usually seems to be curtains.

Hopefully not with De Barr though.

• Freeman had a loan out to Conference South during one of his early seasons, and he's still around

• Ainsworth does seem to rate Tjay tbf, seen him mentioned quite a lot as one of the development squad with a lot of potential. So hopefully he goes to Eastleigh, bags a few goals and generally plays well, and Gareth gives him an extension to next season.

• Will be interesting to see the makeup of the team at Long Crendon, seeing as we've now got six development squad players out on loan.

• I think the loanees will be able to play.

• Eastleigh striker, Ben House, was signed by Lincoln last month which presumably enabled them to sign Tjay (on loan) as well as Brett Pitman.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    I can’t think of a decent ‘loan out to improve’ since Scowen all those years ago, mostly seems to be a way to stop fringe players casting a shadow in the managers doorway. Ready to standbcorrected, hit me with some revelations.

Whilst not a youngster out on loan Stocko’s loan to Stevenage last year worked pretty well

• Yes and no, it was a ‘game time for senior pro ‘rather than ‘improve’