Skip to content

Middlesbrough settle with Derby

Comments

• Wow didn't expect that ! If we don't do something similar now we really are going to be the bad guys !

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Wow didn't expect that ! If we don't do something similar now we really are going to be the bad guys !

To Derby fans... And frankly so what?

Generally other clubs fans can see we were wronged

• edited February 2022

@HolmerBlue said:
    Wow didn't expect that ! If we don't do something similar now we really are going to be the bad guys !

It would be highly unlikely that a larger and more wide ranging one would be settled and not us, I would imagine. And one assumes given the current climate neither side wanted trouble at their next game.

• @HolmerBlue said:

No we’re not.

• So we weren’t actually holding up the glorious takeover then?

• Weren't Boro after some ludicrous figure like 40m?

If they've settled then we should be able to quite decently.

• Tomorrow’s encounter may have concentrated minds but talk about cutting it fine! The administrators say that an acceptable resolution has “been identified” which enables them to push forward with plans to sell the club. So either no “acceptable resolution” of our own claim has been identified or, if it has, it is too small an amount to be an obstacle.

• I’ve just caught up with @StrongestTeam’s post of 1.24 on the original thread. It seems that our claim is the very least of their troubles when it comes to attracting suitors.

• You'd expect an update from Wycombe quite quickly in light of this news, so if we're not hearing anything I wonder if it's safe to assume that we're also locked in negotiations with Mel Morris. Equally, I'm not sure how that computes with his message last week that we haven't actually made a claim.

Either way, the pressure now moves onto the administrators. They've spent a lot of energy claiming that the Boro claim was the hurdle to identifying their preferred buyer and completing the sale. So we can now assume they'll crack on very quickly, unless that was bluster all along.

• If they do sell without settling with us, we are owed apologies from everyone from Mel Morris to Gary Neville...not that we would get one.

• If our injuries list is to go by, we will never know how much the settlement figure is.

Any news on the Jordon Ibe money yet?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    If our injuries list is to go by, we will never know how much the settlement figure is.

You do find out, but in the accounts in a couple of years.
    Was there any real doubt with the Ibe money?

• Derby fans: "A fanbase should not have to suffer because of the actions of their owner. Even if he runs up millions in debt and screws over local businesses, we are the innocent victims."

Also, Derby fans: "Wycombe's owner is asking for compensation. That club is scum, as are all the fans. I hope they go under."

(I back RC, but just a note on the hypocrisy).

• @Malone said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    If our injuries list is to go by, we will never know how much the settlement figure is.

You do find out, but in the accounts in a couple of years.
    Was there any real doubt with the Ibe money?

The Trust will know as they will get 25% of any compensation.

• @Shev said:
    Derby fans: "A fanbase should not have to suffer because of the actions of their owner. Even if he runs up millions in debt and screws over local businesses, we are the innocent victims."

Also, Derby fans: "Wycombe's owner is asking for compensation. That club is scum, as are all the fans. I hope they go under."

(I back RC, but just a note on the hypocrisy).

So a fanbase shouldn't suffer any consequences from years of overspending and cheating, even if they got to enjoy years of overachieving as a result of said overspending and cheating?

Having cake and eating it.