Skip to content

Man of the Match - Shrewsbury

Who gets it?

Poll not found

Comments

• I thought Forino was magnificent this evening. Had an easy first half, but made the second with the Shrews’ two decent strikers look just as easy.

• incredibly frustrating game, but at least that gave me a chance to give the award to a defensive player for a change.

Great shift from Forino. Wasn't sure what Stewart did to get dropped (or whether it was just simple squad rotation) but whatever, Forino justified the starting berth tonight.

• Forino with the outstanding moments. Thompson with the outstanding game.

Outstanding being a relative term this evening.

• Chris Forino by a whisker from Curtis for me

• Forino deserves a run in the side now. Solid game tonight and looks a better bet than Tafazolli, who is somewhat injury prone.

• I thought Forino looked ok, but I do think magnificent is a stretch.

Let’s remember that playing 3x CB’s against a team clearly happy to come and be organised at the back and look to nick something on their very occasional forays forward, isn’t exactly the most difficult task you will have in League 1 (relatively speaking).

That said I do agree with the above post about having a run in the side, as Tafazolli is simply too ‘in and out’ and top teams in most leagues will generally never face that kind of problem from their main defenders.

TBH I thought tonight was a bit shit overall, and we are looking a million miles from a Championship team right now.

• Forino was very good...but I went for Thompson. Also JJ also had yet another good game I thought.

• edited February 2022

Must admit I was a abut taken aback to see Forino in the team and Stewart on the bench, but the lad did very well, still a bit bambi like, but he's growing and growing... close run thing between him and JJ tonight

• Frustrating as it is to pick a defender from that performance, it can only be Forino. I thought he looked comfortable and composed all evening.

That said, I suspect he won’t come up against a weaker attack, or at least a less interested one, for a very long time.

• Frustratingly no fireworks

• Thought Hanlan was shit hot today, disappointing to see him taken off

• Though Forino was good, but when Shrewsbury were barely in our half, I can't really give it to a defender.

Can't give it to an attacker either, and as Curtis was everywhere, he gets it.

• Gave it to Curtis. Although Forino was excellent on the ground, he did miss a couple of headers which Stewart and particularly Tafazolli would have gobbled up for breakfast. Great prospect but still a work in progress for me.

• I went narrowly for Forino (ahead of Thompson who was back to very near his best). He reads the game remarkably well and I think he’ll go from strength to strength.

• Forino for me frustrating night as I think we we streets ahead for most of the night