Skip to content

Cleaning Up The Fans

2»

Comments

• I’ve always associated it with that kind of awful piss taking that men who care about seeming macho do because they don’t want to appear to have feelings. I’m entirely unsurprised at where it has ended up.

• @YorkExile said:
    I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in thinking that it was never a "great" word.

What is a great word in your opinion?
    I asked someone a similar question about their music choices recently after they slated the current offering and got some sheepish gub about having a "Mixed" taste, so I don't want to hear you have a mixed taste in words ;)

• A great word? I really like "dalliance", which is somewhat ironic as my love affair with Wycombe Wanderers has been anything but brief.

• If showers were installed in the terrace I would use them

• @Malone said:

@YorkExile said:

I asked someone a similar question about their music choices recently after they slated the current offering and got some sheepish gub about having a "Mixed" taste, so I don't want to hear you have a mixed taste in words ;)

Contrafibularities

• Urchin is one of my favourites at the moment, wouldn't advocate a dalliance with one though.

• Of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, 'cellar door' is the most beautiful.

• @drcongo said:
    I’ve always associated it with that kind of awful piss taking that men who care about seeming macho do because they don’t want to appear to have feelings. I’m entirely unsurprised at where it has ended up.

And I’ve always associated it with the working class thrown into jobs that our education system preordained for them making just enough money to feed and house their families trying their best to inject a little humour into an otherwise drab day.

• The working classes shouldn't be injecting humour into their days, they should be reading their bible and praising the allmighty for the blessing of each new dawn.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, 'cellar door' is the most beautiful.

This is the winner, although I’m very fond of peregrinations.

• @Ed_ said:
    The working classes shouldn't be injecting humour into their days, they should be reading their bible and praising the allmighty for the blessing of each new dawn.

When I worked on a production line I was usually in work before dawn and it was tea we blessed

• To be fair, tea is a far worthier thing to be blessing.

• @MindlessDrugHoover a Neil Young thing, right?

• Tolkien I think.

• @Malone said:

@YorkExile said:

Discombobulate

• @username123 said:

@Malone said:

@YorkExile said:

Discombobulate

Shout

• @our_frank said:
    @MindlessDrugHoover a Neil Young thing, right?

It's a quote from Donnie Darko. Brilliant and bonkers if you've not seen it.