Skip to content

Man of the Match - MK Dons

Who wins it?

Poll not found

Comments

• Is there a none of the above option lol

• Where's the " Wish I hadn't seen it" option?

• From Phil and Nick’s commentary it sounded like it was an easy decision for the sponsors to make - Anthony Stewart - but I’ve ticked the ‘did not see’ box.

• I ticked Stewart. Vokes had an impact but so many other players were just poor today.

• I agree , probably Stewart, but could've easily gone with Vokes as he made the impact we so woefully missed first half. Dreadful today

• Stewart did pretty well but Vokes coming on meant we had much more of the game second half. He won everything in the air whilst also chasing down their play from the back.

Unfortunately the overall team performance fell well short and I’d sooner rather just forget this one.

• McLeary is in a funk. The perfect ball that he scuffed gently to the keeper sums it up. We need him back firing, as he makes so much tick when he is high on confidence!

• Curtis was the only one who played anywhere near his usual standard for me

• Everyone was off the pace...every nice little pass was slightly short, almost every header missed or nodded to an opponent and almost every long ball or set-piece either out of play, cut out by a defender or straight to their keeper. I prayed for us to get a stroke of luck we did not really deserve but it did not come! We go again!

• @Erroll_Sims said:
      Curtis was the only one who played anywhere near his usual standard for me

I thought he was pretty poor today

• He was at fault for the goal

• Vokes was excellent when he came on and we were starting to create some chances with regularity. I don't think Bayo was the right option when he came o. I usually think he is the best weapon when we're chasing the game late on but it disrupted the positive momentum.

• edited January 2022

Stocko was at fault for the goal wasn't he?

Pretty powderpuff effort he failed to hold then appeared to kick it straight to Twine.

• Thommo (for losing, or never even having, the man at the start of the move), Stocko and Taf all at fault imo

• Tafazoli has to be quicker to react to that, although I haven’t seen a replay yet.

Second week in a row we’ve let in a sloppy goal by being far too slow reacting to Stockdale’s initial save.

• Thompson's only remaining weakness (now that he can score) is getting caught on the ball, and it happened a fair few times today.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
      Thommo (for losing, or never even having, the man at the start of the move), Stocko and Taf all at fault imo

Ok, I think I got that a wrong on Thommo, but Stocko and Taf obvs didn't cover themselves in glory.

• Curtis was superb as usual IMO. A lot of poor performances. Strange inability to control the ball from many.

• Unfortunately Curtis set the tone to an extent in the first minute when he was slow to collect the ball in midfield, and MK broke forward. That seemed to put them on the front foot from the start.
      He did however put a couple of great cross-field balls over to Jordan Obita later on, and I thought he did OK for the majority of the match.