Skip to content

Comments

• Great news

• Top news.. On his day he is a world beater..

• Awesome news, just seen it on Sky Sports news.

• Fantastic news, and thoroughly deserved

• I had a sneaking feeling this deal was in the bag, Gareth keeps things very close to his chest, and when he was singing his praises earlier in the week, I thought he must have him signed up already.

He has been a revelation in the last few months, and is great new for the club and the supporters....happy days.

• Fantastic news. He was absolutely immense in the Plymouth games.

• Was getting nervous about potentially losing Aaron in the summer so this is great news! Fantastic timing as ever, hopefully will give the lads (certainly Aaron) a buzz and momentum going into tomorrow.

• Well chuffed with this, if we can keep him fit he'll be awesome next season.

• @drcongo , "immense" is absolutely the word, the guy is huge - yet surprisingly graceful. It's brilliant news.

• well done aaron

• My only worry is that next season he bags 10-15 goals and we lose him for nothing.

• What a worry to !... Luxury problem the Norgies say

• He'd still be under 24 so we'd get a small fee at least. My main concern is his fitness record, but it seems a risk worth taking at this point.

• Excellent news well done! holla holla!

• Brilliant news. He will be a major threat next season in Div 1

• @Chris said:
    He'd stoill be under 24 so we'd get a small fee at least. My main concern is his fitness record, but it seems a risk worth taking at this point.

No, we wont get a development fee, as he was schooled in the art of football at Bristol City. Only thet could have earned a fee, if ofc he was still at their club.

• That's not correct. The fee would be lower as we've only had his registration for a short period of time, but we would be entitled to a compensation fee.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

• @Chris, I stand corrected, as Holloway turns 23 next February, we can exercise their fee if Holloway does not re-sign or another club make a bid. Anyway I can't see that happening as he is playing regular football providing he is fit and free of injury.

• Interesting, a number of Championship and League One clubs are tracking Holloway and are weighing up moves for the skilful forward this summer. http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/22/holloways-new-deal-wont-put-off-suitors/?

• I'd be gutted if he did leave over the summer - I'm so looking forward to watching him pummel defences into submission next season after a full pre-season campaign (hopefully after demolishing Southend's tomorrow).

I actually think he's my favourite player in the squad now. Certainly the one I get the most joy from watching, in a similar way to when Stuart Beavon was in his pomp.

• His performances at the end of this season are a fine reward for the patience and faith we've shown in him. Hopefully we can reap the rewards next season with more of the fantastic balance of strength, brute force and a deft touch.