Skip to content

Chas's Sunday quiz

2»

Comments

• Plus Sheffield Wednesday. Still fuming about that one.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    I might have said this before, but @ChasHarps is actually Victoria Coren Mitchell in disguise.
    Don't remember ever being drawn against Staines Town though.

It was the Burton Albion tie when Neil Warnock managed them in 84/85.
    It would have seen Declan Link and Simon Read face there old club.
    I was one of the very few Wanderers fans who made the trip to Eton Park that night.

• Great question

• Victoria Coren Mitchell often draws Staines

• @LX1 said:
    Great question

Great assist Mr LX1

• Excellent quiz as always @ChasHarps , well done @NewburyWanderer for getting that. I might have got it if Derby County was one of the examples, I was gutted we lost the 2nd round replay in 1998/99 to Plymouth.

• We were drawn to play Everton last year, before we played Spurs. But that strange '2 in 1' FA Cup draw process doesn't quite fit the very narrow criteria for this question.

We were technically 'drawn' to play Arsenal in Cardiff before the result of our game with Liverpool was known :-)

• @LeedsBlue said:
    We were drawn to play Everton last year, before we played Spurs. But that strange '2 in 1' FA Cup draw process doesn't quite fit the very narrow criteria for this question.

We were technically 'drawn' to play Arsenal in Cardiff before the result of our game with Liverpool was known :-)

I still stick to the mantra, that we were bronze medalist in the world's oldest cup competition that year. As Spurs were eliminated before us.

• @LX1 said:
    Victoria Coren Mitchell often draws Staines

Are you the ghost of Michael Winner?