Skip to content

Man of the Match - Ipswich

2»

Comments

• edited December 2021

There will have to be one for pedants too if that post stands as currently spelled.

• Fudes between deuds? Whether we like it or not.

• Scowen. Looked like an absolute terrier when he came on and seemed to be able to pass the ball into feet or space.

• I went for Obita from an attacking point of view but Stockdale played a blinder.

• A word of praise for an excellent inconspicuous referee - Samuel Barrock.
    New to me and perhaps most of us. The foul count - 9 by Ipswich, 8 by us - speaks volumes.

• I wonder where that fine line between too little rest and too much rest kicks in.
    We never seem to fare well for the latter.

• Many many thanks @HCblue. Not sure why I didn’t realise yesterday that the video you posted was my favourite one-liner stand-up. Absolutely brilliant and I’ve still got tears of laughter in my eyes. A rare occurrence these days! The New Zealander’s response to the furniture shop line took a couple of seconds to get but probably tops the lot.

• @micra I'm sure Sam Morsy agrees with you about the ref.

• @Malone said:
    I wonder where that fine line between too little rest and too much rest kicks in.
    We never seem to fare well for the latter.

I thought the same thing this morning. We’ve always been such a confidence/momentum team under GA.

• @our_frank said:
    @micra I'm sure Sam Morsy agrees with you about the ref.

Good point @our_frank. But I think we also benefited from his leniency. One of the best, I think, and I’m expecting @ReturnToSenda to enlighten us about his background as a referee (and his background generally).

• I’m being lazy and have a battery in this phone which discharges rather quickly.

• I thought he was no better than the usual 'make it up as they go along' merchants we have to put up with

• Very helpful @ReturnToSenda ! I’ll have a rummage.

• @micra said:
    Very helpful @ReturnToSenda ! I’ll have a rummage.

Sorry, I hadn't heard of him either! Seems to be quite a few newcomers around this season.

• I got the ref’s name wrong. Yellow card. It’s Sam Barrott. Promoted from National League two years ago and has refereed a couple of Championship games recently.