Skip to content

Behind closed doors again?

124»

Comments

• edited January 2022

A points deduction? Don't think that is in the gift of the Welsh Government or the police.

At most they will get a small fine. More likely given the circumstances and plausible deniability, a warning and told not to do it again. I'd have taken the punt (unless they were warned before or received a written instruction not to do it)

• Almost certainly breaking other catch all rules with regard to following legislation in place and quite possibly invalidating both insurance and safety certificate but sure grab at a fiver.

• About 12,000 fivers to be more accurate. Quite a lot for a level 6 club.

I very much doubt they put themselves in a situation where their insurance didn't apply.

• It's fine for us or the local paper not to know which safety or health authorities the club falls under but fundamentally a bit rubbish if the clubs safety officers don't. Considering everything had to be individually licensed when we briefly opened up for a couple of games and that they were trying to fine individuals £20k for holding a party a few months ago they might well have a case to answer.
    General mallaise and confusion might go in their favour here though along with bad pr for any enforcement.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    So one is free from COVID if they go through the entrance but head down the other end and you're so at risk fans can't be allowed. Makes total sense.

You have to make a distinction unfortunately.

Like when they put Slough in Tier 3 for restrictions and literally the whole rest of Berkshire in Tier 2. You could have neighbours who could do stuff differently to you!

• Google maps shows how the border runs through the ground very nicely.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/chester+fc/@53.1910112,-2.924045,825m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1

• So there really isn't any reason to be confused that the ground is in Wales?

• I wonder if Chester boast that their players all play internationally every two weeks?

• The issue is how come they were allowed crowds last year when Wales was behind closed doors and England wasn't? They're also not eligible for the sizeable grants Welsh clubs are to help them through the current restrictions.