Skip to content

Bolton Wanderers (a) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 23 - Sat 18th Dec

Last game before Christmas, the last game of the first half of the season, the first team we play twice in the league this season and a hard one to predict.

I go 12,849 with 429 Wycombe fans.

Very best wishes to all who travel.

Comments

• 12,800 with 500 away.

• 13,251. 456 Away.

• 13013 (12345 home 678 chair peeps)

• 12876 423 blues

• 12999 with 555

• 12,756 with 383 away

• 13,654 with 548 Blues.

• 12750 with 450 Wycombe fans

• edited December 2021

Last sat before Xmas. Covid controls. God knows
    12721 (272 clutching their passports)

• 13125 with 376 non-trotting wanderers

• 12859 with 412 chairboys.

• 12,780 with 345 Chairboys.

• Sorry to disturb the overall symmetry @Erroll_Sims but I make that a combined total of 13023. But the individual figures are perfect.

• @DevC’s effort is also delightful!

• 12,816 and 498.

• 0 Home with 0 Chairboys.

• @wwfcblue said:
    0 Home with 0 Chairboys.

Ok. This is the brave first cancellation prediction and as previous the only one which will count.

• Difficult one to predict.

12,128 with 408 away

• I think low

11811 with 181

• I think that estimate may turn out to be rather high @bookertease - for this Saturday at least. Hopefully a way can be found to reschedule the game (ideally with fans) later in season but if infection rates are as predicted I fear that may be optimistic. Surely not another ppg promotion?

• i think zero...

• @railwaysteve said:

@wwfcblue said:
    0 Home with 0 Chairboys.

Ok. This is the brave first cancellation prediction and as previous the only one which will count.

Apologies to all - I was hurrying when I wrote the above and didn't cover all the outcomes. The game is now confirmed as postponed.

There will be a new thread (if / when) the game is re-organised.

Congratulations to@wwfcblue who was the first to post a prediction that the game would be off at 11:45 this morning. Credit for this will be one spot on prediction for this game.

• I’ve deliberately not predicted gate or scoreline. Such prescience must justify a couple of points!

• @DevC said:
    I think that estimate may turn out to be rather high @bookertease - for this Saturday at least. Hopefully a way can be found to reschedule the game (ideally with fans) later in season but if infection rates are as predicted I fear that may be optimistic. Surely not another ppg promotion?

Yea I really should read these things sequentially before I make myself look foolish (for the umpteenth time)

• @railwaysteve said:

@railwaysteve said:

@wwfcblue said:
    0 Home with 0 Chairboys.

Apologies to all - I was hurrying when I wrote the above and didn't cover all the outcomes. The game is now confirmed as postponed.

There will be a new thread (if / when) the game is re-organised.

Congratulations to@wwfcblue who was the first to post a prediction that the game would be off at 11:45 this morning. Credit for this will be one spot on prediction for this game.

Having found out yesterday that many players at Bolton are not vaccinated and they had to play a large number of youngsters in a reserve game on Tuesday night, I thought it had a good chance of being off. Never thought it would be called off 3 hours later though. This is moving fast!

• Going to be a bizarre situation if crowds are vaccinated and have passes to get in and players can't play!

• Perhaps it should be a free-for-all with matches being played regardless of the number of players out with a dose of the Covid. Those clubs, like Morecambe, taking a responsible approach, would (in theory at least) reap the benefit and as an extra bonus could avoid the risk of contracting Covid by avoiding physical contact with opposition players.

Disclaimer: I am not a Tory backbencher.

• @micra said:

I always imagined you being a fully paid up member of the Monster Raving Loony Party!

• @micra said:
    Perhaps it should be a free-for-all with matches being played regardless of the number of players out with a dose of the Covid. Those clubs, like Morecambe, taking a responsible approach, would (in theory at least) reap the benefit and as an extra bonus could avoid the risk of contracting Covid by avoiding physical contact with opposition players.

I really like this idea. If football was a fair sport it would happen.

• @mooneyman said:

@micra said:

I always imagined you being a fully paid up member of the Monster Raving Loony Party!

Spit on @mooneyman. Did you see that wonderful juxtaposition of the Loony Leader next to Sally Morgan? Did make oi larf.