Skip to content

Big match revisited ItV4

Watching Barnsley v Enfield, featuring Trevor Aylott for Barnsley and Noel Ashford for Enfield.

Comments

• Blimey Aylott scored , something I’ve never seen before. Keith Barrett also playing for Enfield.

• Hope there’s a +1 version of ITV4. I’ll have a look.

• Aylott & Barrett!
    They must be getting a bit old to be still playing football I thought?

Then I re-read the thread title, ?

• Can only get it on Catchup. Presented by Brian Moore and Jim Rosenthal. Those were the days!!

• I'll have a butchers on the ITV Player, sadly never got into groundhopping early enough to go to Enfield

• I was actually at that match (away at university at the time). Probably the worst incidence of football violence I have ever witnessed the aftermath of.

Some families with very small children & some elderly Enfield supporters had left the ground early to avoid the crowd congestion at the end. Outside, in the car park, they had been attacked by groups of Barnsley youths. Little kids & people in their 80s were left badly hurt in a sickening display of mindless violence.

When I lived for 4 years in Leeds I often visited Oakwell but I have no fond memories of the place anymore.

• This is Series 6 Episode 14, the latest one, 29 minutes in. I think this is the first time I have seen Barrett and the great Ashford on video.