Skip to content

Chas's Sunday night quiz

2»

Comments

• Anthony Clark!!!

Sorry to have ever doubted you Micra

• Anthony Clarke came on as sub that day, but wasn't wiry, rather a short, stocky skinhead more in the Rooney mould.

• Louis Laing was from Sunderland I think...

• @ChasHarps said:
    Anthony Clarke came on as sub that day, but wasn't wiry, rather a short, stocky skinhead more in the Rooney mould.

I remember him as a very slight physique

I'm sure you're right

• @eric_plant said:

@ChasHarps said:
    Only for about 4 seasons.
    No one will ever forget Anthony's malnutrition running gait !!

Who am I thinking about then?

Young, wiry striker who made his debut (I think) in Cyrille Regis' farewell performance at Orient

Anthony Clark?

• The answer that appears to have beaten the Gasroom is where Anthony Riley arrived from ?
    Alnwick Town.
    Anthony moved south to take a job with Wycombe District Council.
    I'm really trying not to be a Quentin Quizzer, but does anyone remember another ex Wanderers player from the 70's, who also worked for WDC ?

• @ChasHarps said:
    The answer that appears to have beaten the Gasroom is where Anthony Riley arrived from ?
    Alnwick Town.
    Anthony moved south to take a job with Wycombe District Council.
    I'm really trying not to be a Quentin Quizzer, but does anyone remember another ex Wanderers player from the 70's, who also worked for WDC ?

Dave Bullock?

• Excellent work Mr P
    Dave was one of my football guru's in junior football. Superb coach, lovely man.
    I imagine he still holds the record for most appearences in goal for the Wanderers of an outfield player ?

• Interesting fact about Alnwick is that there are three Scottish League teams further south geographically then them. Anyone able to name them (with bonus point if in right order - furthest south first)

• Annan Athletic
    Queen of the South (Dumfries)

• And Ayr? Looks bang in line on the map.

• Well I was expecting you to guess without looking at a map….
    And if you are going to check the map, at least to get the answer right!

• edited November 2021

@ChasHarps said:
    Excellent work Mr P
    Dave was one of my football guru's in junior football. Superb coach, lovely man.
    I imagine he still holds the record for most appearences in goal for the Wanderers of an outfield player ?

I can see Dave made four starts as keeper, three wins and a draw. Not sure how many appearances taking over during a game. Impressive for a central defender, he was very decent between the sticks.

• @DevC said:
    Well I was expecting you to guess without looking at a map….
    And if you are going to check the map, at least to get the answer right!

I've realise what the third one is now, but I'll leave that to someone else...

• Stranraer?