Skip to content

Andre Burley joins Maidenhead United on loan

Til end of season

Comments

• Interesting move. Needs games, looks like a real prospect, has a chance to shine at a very competitive level. Clearly his injury has cleared up

• They seem to have a good set-up down there - Alan Devonshire constantly has them punching above their weight and seems like a good manager to learn off.

• Good move to get some game time.

• One of those loans that on paper looks good for all parties.

He’s looked pretty useful from the couple of appearances we’ve seen. He was outstanding against Exeter in the League Cup. I had hoped he might get another chance tomorrow but the loan is a great opportunity.

I’ve watched a bit of Maidenhead. In some respects they’re a bit like us in that they are punching above their weight and tend to be quite direct. They’ve struggled a bit so far this season though and need to start getting themselves clear of the drop zone. Devonshire knows what he’s doing though.

They have some quite handy homegrown forward players in Sam Barrett, Josh Kelly and Reece Smith who is only 19 and looks quite promising. I’d imagine Burley might get used in a defensive midfield role as they are a bit short in that area, whereas they’ve already got three first team centre halves including former Wanderers Alan Massey and Will De Havilland.

Let’s hope he does well.

• They came into a bit of money with the sale of Josh Coley to Exeter recently as well. I think Burley is one we've got high hopes for.

• Can he still play in the Checkatrade for us?

Think there's some weird rule where you can still play someone even if on loan elsewhere?
    Would be odd timing otherwise, in that he would have a definite game for us Tuesday, but we send him out 4 days before it.

• Yes I think that’s right so maybe we’ll see him on Tuesday lining up alongside David Wates, Pete Couhig and the bloke behind the bar in the Vere Suite.

• Ideal game for Bloomfield to get his boots back on.

• I hope that come the final day of the season, we're already guaranteed of our position - so Blooms can make his last appearance in a proper game.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I hope that come the final day of the season, we're already guaranteed of our position - so Blooms can make his last appearance in a proper game.

Blooms and Bayo jointly lifting the L1 trophy in front of a packed and teary away end at Burton. Ultimate scenes.

• We can dream!

• @Theatre_of_Chairs said:
    Yes I think that’s right so maybe we’ll see him on Tuesday lining up alongside David Wates, Pete Couhig and the bloke behind the bar in the Vere Suite.

Malachi Linton played against Villa U23s when he was, I think, already on loan at Kings Lynn.

• What a game so far Halifax Town 4-3 Maidenhead Utd and its not even half time!

• Wow. Burley may be needed to keep it from 8-6!!!

• @Shev said:
    Wow. Burley may be needed to keep it from 8-6!!!

He's tightened them up marvellously from 4-3 when he came on to a mere 6-4 now.

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:
    Wow. Burley may be needed to keep it from 8-6!!!

He's tightened them up marvellously from 4-3 when he came on to a mere 6-4 now.

What a crazy game!!! Half an hour left for more, too.