Skip to content

Is the Portsmouth home game going to be postponed?

2»

Comments

• When we do eventually play Portsmouth, does it mean the @uptheblues will be bringing his drum into the away game given his new found love?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    When we do eventually play Portsmouth, does it mean the @uptheblues will be bringing his drum into the away game given his new found love?

"Musical" instruments are totally banned remember.
    Quite the legacy for one fan to have achieved.

• If it was the need to have ramps for wheelchairs or just general easier wheelchair access, what would you have said? We have to accept that we all have some degree of responsibility and duty of care for ALL members of our community. In an ideal world.....etc. Well we're not in an ideal world so what should we do? Perhaps a significant proportion of the population would be happier under an authoritarian regime like China.

• edited November 2021

@ValleyWanderer said:
    If it was the need to have ramps for wheelchairs or just general easier wheelchair access, what would you have said? We have to accept that we all have some degree of responsibility and duty of care for ALL members of our community. In an ideal world.....etc. Well we're not in an ideal world so what should we do? Perhaps a significant proportion of the population would be happier under an authoritarian regime like China.

Not sure who this is aimed at, but are you on about the "covid secure" block? Seems a decent thing if it gets any doubtful/unsure fans to ease their minds?

• Going on gaz after match comments I would say pompey match is on.Also with the rotation today I would think he wanted to rest some ready for next Saturday.

• @Malone said:

Not sure who this is aimed at, but are you on about the "covid secure" block? Seems a decent thing if it gets any doubtful/unsure fans to ease their minds?

No, just concerned at the constant digs at someone (@uptheblues) who really needs support and help, not sarcasm. I don't like the ban either but what other course should the club take?

• The whole squad (Development included) are going to be at full stretch over the rest of the month. Really hope knocks and illnesses have been shaken off, Anthony Stewart (congratulations!) is getting plenty of sleep and Garath McCleary is nearing fitness.

On the Cup front, I hope we get past Hartlepool and that Alex Pattison doesn’t come back to haunt us in Round 2 !!

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@Malone said:

No, just concerned at the constant digs at someone (@uptheblues) who really needs support and help, not sarcasm. I don't like the ban either but what other course should the club take?

I know this has been discussed ad infinitum, but I still find it sad that someone who was a die-hard fan may now be lost to the club which was a major part of his life.
    Go back say three years ago, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember people having a problem with his drumming then. What changed?

• @ValleyWanderer @ newburywanderer he said we were a bunch of pricks and he was off to find a club that appreciates him and now comes on here to gloat about losses so I've blocked him so he is immune to criticism and sarcasm from me at least. If he loves the club then I hope he keeps coming to watch his team and I also hope he gets the help he needs.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

@Malone said:

I know this has been discussed ad infinitum, but I still find it sad that someone who was a die-hard fan may now be lost to the club which was a major part of his life.
    Go back say three years ago, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember people having a problem with his drumming then. What changed?

As much as I agree this is a sad and delicate situation with no winner, his drumming was under criticism 3 years ago and beyond.

In my mind, being the drummer is a privilege, not a right. If you’re not qualified to do it, it doesnt matter how much you love the club or your personal circumstances.

We have another drummer Paul who is not just very competent but has never caused division.

• Paul must also feel discriminated against, unless he doesn’t share the same compulsion to tickle the skins - thrash feels inappropriately harsh. You can tell I’m not a drummer. I pose no threat whatsoever.

But I have a degree of sympathy with Tom with regard to the disappointing level of sound emanating from the catteshed - sorry, Valley Terrace - considering how well packed it has been. I like to think that is as much as anything due to a substantial number of young newbies who are unfamiliar with the chants and songs. I know how hard @TheChair works in an effort to get the sound levels up.

The upper tier of the Frank Adams stand is often dependent on a barbershop quartet of Bucks Old (and not so old) Boys. It’s hard from the upper tier to judge the volume or togetherness of the Family Stand.

• On the rare occasions I’ve sat in the misleadingly titled Main Stand, I have generally been more audible than most but, to be fair, the very fact that I’ve been over there reflects that they’ve not been the most important matches. Polite applause seemed to be the order of the day.

The apparent absence of the much missed @NorsQuarters must have reduced the volume by a good few decibels.

• A couple of fairly boisterous (but well-mannered) lads ended up in the family stand on Tuesday night (presumably the terrace sold out?) and tried to get people joining in chanting - with absolutely no success whatsoever.