Skip to content

Hanlan

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here before, but I only just noticed that Hanlan scored against us for them

Makes me wonder if GA and Dobbo took a liking to him four years ago, and kept tabs on him since. They've got an incredible eye for spotting players' potential.

Comments

• That cross from Tyson at the end. I miss that guy.

• I feel that if he fully clicks Hanlan will score a sh1tload of goals for us. He is getting in the right place, he is making the right runs, he is strong, he is getting chances. If he can execute just a little better (see comedy finishing clip from Tuesday) he could be the 30 goal a season striker we have not had since.... Beavon? Stallard?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Mustard

Indeed! I give it four weeks till the club are referring to him this way.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I feel that if he fully clicks Hanlan will score a sh1tload of goals for us. He is getting in the right place, he is making the right runs, he is strong, he is getting chances. If he can execute just a little better (see comedy finishing clip from Tuesday) he could be the 30 goal a season striker we have not had since.... Beavon? Stallard?

I hope you're right, but that's exactly what the Gillingham and Bristol Rovers fans said about him minus the ex player vitriol- great until it comes to putting it in the net

Fortunately that can be learnt, but I don't think his relatively poor finishing (in comparison to the rest of his game) is just a blip- it's an area of weakness that's being worked on. If he could finish as well as he can hold it up and dribble we wouldn't have had a chance of signing him anyway

• Is it me, or does Bayo look a lot bigger back then? Looks in much better shape now than he did in that video.

He’s still massive, just a different massive.

• @TheDancingYak said:
    still massive, just a different massive.

Another one for @LX1's Tinder bio

• One decent Mustard, there’s only one decent Mustard…..

• Skills, glorious skills,
    Brandon Hanlan is mustard!
    While we’re in the mood,
    More McCleary and Mustard!

Sorry… I’ll get my coat.

• I went to the match and I had ten pints,
    And I got really flustered,
    Cos GMac played and took the piss,
    And Brandon Hanlan’s mustard!!