Skip to content

Hartlepool could be without a Manager on Saturday

13»

Comments

• I’m going for a draw then.

• @micra said:
    I’m going for a draw then.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling...

• Good to hear that Parsons and De Barr are with the squad. Personally, I’d like to see pretty much a full strength team with one of these two starting (and then one coming on off the bench).

We could use another forward in our first team mix following Samuel and Kashket moving on and this is a good chance to see if we’ve already got what we need in the squad. Both of them have shown a bit of promise in the League Cup and Trophy and it would be good to see them in a proper team in a bigger match.

• @Theatre_of_Chairs said:
    We could use another forward in our first team mix following Samuel and Kashket moving on and this is a good chance to see if we’ve already got what we need in the squad. Both of them have shown a bit of promise in the League Cup and Trophy and it would be good to see them in a proper team in a bigger match.

There's the lad from Swansea if it ever gets over the line

• Pendlebury has also travelled up apparently

• Oh bearing in mind, the FA Cup this season is allowing 9 subs with 5 made. I can understand why De Barr and Parsons would be in the matchday squad.

• @thedieharder said:
    Oh bearing in mind, the FA Cup this season is allowing 9 subs with 5 made. I can understand why De Barr and Parsons would be in the matchday squad.

Ah, didn't know that. That's good!

• edited November 2021

As much as I think we should put as strong a side out as possible today, I have liked what I've seen of Parsons so far the couple of times Ive seen him. So I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run out to see how he performs in a stronger team

• And Ollie Pendlebury scored two goals from midfield against a Cheltenham team that has done pretty well in the meantime.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@micra said:
    Are there replays at this stage (or any other, for that matter)?

Only up to R4. Was rather hoping they'd get rid of them for good after last season.

I don't think anything highlights differences between different generations of supporters quite like their thoughts on this

• Especially veterans of the Bedford saga nearly 50 years ago. Made friends then that we’ve stayed friends with ever since.

• @micra said:
    Especially veterans of the Bedford saga nearly 50 years ago. Made friends then that we’ve stayed friends with ever since.

One of my clients played for WWFC in those matches @micra

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@micra said:
    Especially veterans of the Bedford saga nearly 50 years ago. Made friends then that we’ve stayed friends with ever since.

Are you able to say who and in what capacity? Must be fairly senior now. Did his father also play for Wycombe? If so I’ve got a pretty good idea who you are referring to (or to whom you’re referring!)

• @micra said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@micra said:

Are you able to say who and in what capacity? Must be fairly senior now. Did his father also play for Wycombe? If so I’ve got a pretty good idea who you are referring to (or to whom you’re referring!)

Probably unfair to disclose the name @micra. Not sure about his dad, but will ask him when I see him next week. Safe to say, he did score in at least one of those replays.

• I had in mind a full back, whose dad was just as well known but even before my time as a Wycombe fan (started 1968).

• Not a full back @micra to the best of my knowledge.