Skip to content

What a welcome change

We have got to Thursday and so far I have seen no insults either way. It makes a pleasant change from previous important matches against such at Cheltenham, Stockport, Plymouth and others. Civilisation reigns.

Comments

• Southend fans smell of fish.

• It helps that Alan Parry is not in such a prominent position. You might remember the embarrassingly petty comments he put on the official website aimed at the Stockport fans before the 2nd leg, along the lines of 'my Dad is bigger than yours'.

• Southend fans aren't going to be overly concerned with Wycombe. They all support West Ham, for a start

• Yes good to see .A distinct lack of the usual clowns peppering our site although it was amusing to see the argyle one continuing to post after the second leg

• I wonder who Col U fans want to win.

• True at least we both have the common enemy!

• it's probably just because everyone is just excited to be going to Wembley on Saturday I have no hate in my bones atm! Saying that if we lose on Saturday Il be unapproachable for a while

• That's great. It is a football match after all;Let's hope for a good game.

• And so it begins. Toby Carvery? That's mockney for what exactly?

• Toby jug perhaps?

• Toby Bennett - he has a cold.

• If he's got a cold he should Put On a Happy Face, keep away from the Winter Wonderland, look after his Body and Soul and steer clear of any Stranger in Paradise.

• Oh dear - seem to have started something......

• Toby or not Toby that is the question.

• I think he means Toby Jugs ie mugs. That's an acceptable put down, keeping the civilised tone, unlike many previous occasions involving other clubs.

• @SouthendsTopBoy: The wheels on your house go round and round, round and round, round and round...

• If he's Southend's top boy, imagine what the others must be like.

• A Colchester fan told me its a win win for them. Either way it's a local derby next season and they can laugh at the ones who do not go up!

• There was a thread on the Colchester site - Wycombe or Southend - the score at the moment is Wycombe 9 - Southend 3