Skip to content

Chas's Sunday Quiz

2»

Comments

• Correct Mr Newbs AFC Wimbledon.
    We did meet Wimbledon FC in the Isthmian lge in the 50's. But they are not the same club as AFC.

• You are unawaringly correct Mr Railway
    Oxford United was the final answer.
    They are all clubs we have played in a FA competition, when they were non league clubs
    And also in the Football league. But we never met in a league fixtures when we were all non league clubs.
    In PNL's case we have played them in the cup as Headington United and Oxford United when they were a non league outfit.

• @ChasHarps The Victoria Coren Mitchell of football-related quizzes.
    Every bit as tough as Only Connect.

• Brilliant stuff! Thanks @ChasHarps

• Fantastic quiz, thanks @ChasHarps!

• Yes, thanks indeed @ChasHarps.

• I thought the one side missing club from Oxford were a possibility as a non league outfit we didn't play in a non league league, but I didn't make the cup connection.
      I kept remembering an occasion when we nearly played them, I think it went to a third replay against Bedford Town, which I think were in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup and I believe the winners had been drawn against Oxford.
  • It was a truly great moment when we beat them in the FA Cup at Adam's Park.
    A load of the PNL followers were situated below us in the sponsors boxes that day. And when their late equaliser squirmed past Jamie Young they took great delight in giving us the usual hand gestures. They were enjoying giving us a prolonged performance of the V's and the hand shandy movements, that we had to tell them to turn round, as Stefan Oakes stroked home the winner.
    A large dose of "He who laughs lasts, laughs longest".

• @ChasHarps Great quiz, thanks for that. You've set the bar high, hope the next one is just as tough.

• Damn missed the quiz, I think I was on the right lines when originally read the question bit would never have got all those clubs. Great effort @ChasHarps