Skip to content

Craig vs Ephraim

So, Craig's declared himself fit for Saturday (BFP website). After recent performances he should be a guaranteed starter; but Ephraim's perfomance last week might just put that in doubt.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Craig will get the nod I think.

• Craig without a doubt

• Craig for sure with Ephraim to come from the bench if needed.

• Have to say when he's fit and playing well Hogan is a real asset, particularly on a pitch where we'll hopefully be able to get the ball down.

But Stevie's form towards the end of the season probably gives him the edge, and we'll need his height from set pieces (both attacking and defensive).

• I think gareth could toss a coin, ephraim is a class act when he can be bothered and I suspect he will be bothered about Wembley and a last chance to show he has got the desire. All this nonsense about retiring, he has more ability than any player on either side if he has the desire to go with it then he would be one hell of an asset to WWFC.

• @blueh_w said:
    I think gareth could toss a coin, ephraim is a class act when he can be bothered and I suspect he will be bothered about Wembley and a last chance to show he has got the desire. All this nonsense about retiring, he has more ability than any player on either side if he has the desire to go with it then he would be one hell of an asset to WWFC.

Can't see Hogan saying Aidos Amigo just yet either.

• At the end of the day, I'd be concerned about taking a chance on Ephraim who has had one good game and was awful at Northampton. Craig has played consistently for his last five or six games so, if fit, he should get the shirt.

• blueh_w : I have cast aspersions on many of your (outrageous) posts but I agree wholeheartedly with your latest.

• Ciderk1d: No, but he might say Adios Amigos!!

• @micra said:
    Ciderk1d: No, but he might say Adios Amigos!!

Lol, I'm getting worse.

• You're fine - just couldn't resist!

• I felt him and saunders ran the home game against Plymouth, we may need craig to come on and work hard from the bench. I suspect ephraim might get the nod but its so close to call.

• Nah, Craig will start in my opinion, we are going for the jugular from the off and Craig can cover ground with ease box to box. Wembley pitch will make you or kill you. Any slow arse defenders best have their pace makers to hand, as they are going to need it.

• Possibly last chance for Craig to play at Wembley and given his recent form I think he'll get the nod. I remain unconvinced by Ephraim. In a team that has excelled he's proved enigmatic.

• Would be unfair if Craig didn't get the nod for his recent efforts.

• thought Hogan was 'talked up' after the 2nd Plymouth game, yes he was better but from such a low base - he may be 'a big game player' but over the past few weeks, thanks to efort & delivery we have all taken Craigie to our hearts, give him the shirt Gaz

• One of the easier decisions Gareth Ainsworth will ever have to make. Craig it is.

Given that we've got where we are based on our work ethic, why would he go with a dilettante?

• I dearly want the 'warrior' to play but something is nagging in my head
    that Hogie may shine on a perfect Wembley baize.
    I remember feeling heartbroken for Anton Vircavs when he was left out
    of the Wembley team against Runcorn, after all the blood,sweat and tears
    that he'd shed in two spells at the blues.
    Though that's what makes great managers, taking tough decisions inspight
    of huge emotional wrenches to pick a team to win a game.

P.S.
    If Saint Martin comes on this board
    We would have still won at a canter if you had selected Anton !!

• Im not sure what he will do but I will suggest Hogan might just squeak it !!!

• Craig without a doubt IMO

• Sadly, it was Ephraim. Craig played a blinder when he came on, shame he didn't start.

• I'm not sure how fit Craig was. Looked like his hamstring went completely with about 5 minutes left. Also thought Ephraim had a decent enough game - especially 1st half. But a fully fit Craig would probably have been the better choice. Really hope he stays for next season

• Craig was fantastic. Deserves a contract for next year now. I was confused as to why he didn't take a penalty, but if he was injured then that explains it.

• Craig has been a revelation these last few games 100% agree deserves a new contract

• Craig was tremendously hardworking when he came on, although when he and Holloway were 1-on-1 at the end he doesn't make a great run which makes it harder for Holloway to do anything. Nitpicky I know.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Craig was tremendously hardworking when he came on, although when he and Holloway were 1-on-1 at the end he doesn't make a great run which makes it harder for Holloway to do anything. Nitpicky I know.

I was seated in block 102 and you could see clearly that Craig unfortunately did make any angles for Holloway to thread a ball to him.

Holloway unselfishly passes when he can go it alone. So I expect the last defender knew that too and went for bust and got the timely tackle in before Craig made a passable angle.

• that was a shame for Holloway some thing he will never forget, but he will go again ....

• Think they will all be down today. Come on boys you've all been fantastic all season.