Skip to content

Ipswich Town (h) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 16 - Tues 2nd Nov

This thread up early - in case I become otherwise occupied.

I go early with just a finger in the air.

6027 with 1186 away.

Comments

• Hope you're resting well Steve.

Just a reminder on behalf of all of us that if this in any way is a bit much or causing you even the slightest stress, then just take a break for as long as you need. We would all completely understand

• 6320 with 1800 tractor boys.... get well @railwaysteve

• 6184 with 1755, thanks!

• @railwaysteve said:
    This thread up early - in case I become otherwise occupied.

I go early with just a finger in the air.

6027 with 1186 away.

Might want to revise this one already - Ipswich have sold out their allocation!

• Quick question, so I heard they were given 1700 and sold out - do we count ticket sales or literally how many walk through the gate when the attendance is given?

• 6000 with 1700 away

• 6235 with 1800 tractor boys

• In his post-match interview, Rob C said he expected 2,500 more next Tuesday than Saturday, which would make it around 7,300. Seems quite optimistic to me.

• Have to assume if they have sold out a week in advance that there will be a few clandestine tractor lovers in the home end. Which will make attendance prediction even trickier.....

• Club saying we're on for a record midweek attendance...

Which means our perfect home record is definitely going, isn't it.

• Didnt they say we were on for a record opening day attendance, which then turned out not to be true?

• The away end is already sold out to it’s (limited) capacity of 1800. We could be looking at our second biggest midweek crowd for a league game.

• This does look like a good game to go to if you possibly can.
    My prediction is going to be 500 ish short for away supporters. I added about 250 onto the home support that we had for the game against Crewe in recognition of the attractiveness of the Ipswich fixture, however that may not have been enough.
    Even so the club may be being somewhat optimistic with suggesting that we could beat the all time league midweek attendance. I am not certain what that record actually is but a quick search of the admirable "Chairboys on the Net" archive shows we got close-ish to a total sell out crowd for a Home League Two game against Reading on Tues 26th Feb 2002.

It would be good if we did beat that record and if any game will do that this season, then this could be the one.

• Yeh, no chance we’ll get close to 9000, but we might break 6200ish which we’ve had for a couple of midweeks.

• They need to finally come clean about quite how many were in the ground for that Slough Town game before we start talking about records

I don't think there have ever been more people in the ground than there were that night. Official attendance given as 7,230

• 6422 with 1800 away and one tractor boy friend sitting next to me - but he counts as home

• @Manboobs said:
    6422 with 1800 away and one tractor boy friend sitting next to me - but he counts as home

Tractor Boy friend or tractor boy friend? The space is key here in determining relationship status.

• The Wurzels would be distinctly unimpressed at lack of ambition....

• 6490 with 1755

• Slightly off topic, I just had a look the Ipswich squad... it's incredible surely they should be challenging at the top!!!

• @Glenactico said:
    Didnt they say we were on for a record opening day attendance, which then turned out not to be true?

Record home attendance but yeah, it was a bit ambiguous.

• 7087 with 1723 away fans

• 7,222 with 1,788 Ipswich.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Club saying we're on for a record midweek attendance...

Which means our perfect home record is definitely going, isn't it.

They're not saying that, it's a weirdly written and headlined article, but they're basically saying we could get our biggest midweek league crowd since 2002 when we had over 9,000 for a game v Reading. There is no suggestion within the article that we will get as many as that v Ipswich.the headline of the article reads "Near 20-year attendance record could be broken!"

All a bit odd if you ask me

• So they are saying that we could get the biggest since that game against Reading ....

• @eric_plant said:
    They need to finally come clean about quite how many were in the ground for that Slough Town game before we start talking about records

I don't think there have ever been more people in the ground than there were that night. Official attendance given as 7,230

Never mind the official attendance, there must have been 1500ish in the woods over looking the Woodlands terrace, which hadn't at the time been extended upwards.
    Was lucky enough to have a hospitality package for the game, so we'd been Vere Suite since about 5pm. Coming out to take our seats and realising just how packed the place had become was surreal. Martin O'Neil's wife had a right go at me when I suggested, during HT, that the ref might get carried away and send someone off as there were some spicy tackles going in. Cue the red card for A. Kerr in the 2nd half for a fairly innocuous challenge as I recall.

• @eric_plant said:
    They need to finally come clean about quite how many were in the ground for that Slough Town game before we start talking about records

I was in the end which is now the away end and it was rammed, and I recall people coming into that stand because the home end had had the gates locked. We played Norwich a couple of years later and they said it was 8 and a half or 9 thousand or something, and it was nothing like the Slough game

• Yeah, that Norwich game was all ticket and so the attendance given should be accurate (except for ticket holders who for whatever reason did not turn up). The attendance given was 7,802 - over 500 more than the official attendance given for the Slough game.

Like you say, anyone who was at both games knows which game had a bigger crowd by far.

• For this one I will go with 6727 with 1800 Tractor Boys & Girls

• The terrace was rammed for that Slough game, we were squeezed in like sardines.

The atmosphere that night was electric. One of the great Adam’s Park nights.