Skip to content

Rip Billy Gallagher

Ex Wanderer and Billy and the Bonqas front man has sadly passed away.
I wonder if Billy's live version of 'The Wanderer' was ever recorded at Adam's Park ?

Comments

• Sad news. A proud ex Wanderer and a true character.

The unwitting architect of Hakan Hayrettins late winner at Preston too.

• Sad news, thanks for letting us know.

• Very sad news indeed. Many childhood memories of them playing at events throughout Bucks and Oxon.

• Just been listening to an old Billy and The Bonquas CD, recorded live at Adams Park. It’s better than I remembered.

As a kid, they seemed to be playing the local boozers permanently and one of our mates was their guitarist for a spell, so we saw them plenty.

I think the last time I saw them was at the Kings Head in Stokenchurch many years ago.

RIP Billy - a top fella.

• @arnos_grove

If you have the means to rip and share the CD, I’d really appreciate a listen.

• Billy raised an absolute fortune for the Wycombe Scanner appeal, these are the town legends that should have memorials afforded to them, rather than grubby little councillors who take back handers off property developers.

• Mrs micra, a considerably more modest fundraiser for Scannappeal, and I had a meal with Billy and his wife at Noodle National a few days before lockdown in March last year before going to a Pink Floyd tribute show at the Swan. Well, we sat at the next table and there wasn’t much conversation but we’d seen Billy many times, mainly at the Community Centre in Rose Avenue. Always a great show and he will be sadly missed. Often saw him in the Frank Adams stand.

RIP Billy Gallagher.