Skip to content

Man of the Match - Rotherham

A great defensive effort there and three clean sheets on the spin. But who gets your vote?

Poll not found

Comments

• Stewart. Again.

• Either Stewart or Tafazolli. I went for the latter

• I went Taffs but there is barely a wrong answer across the back three and defensive midfield. I almost went for Gape out of sentiment as he had some good moments, but decided it would not quite be honest.

• Tafazoli. I was there tonight. Seemed to win everything

• I went with Taffs. But any of the back 3 deserved it

• Taff was superb. Gets my vote.

• Stewart for me. He is immense.

• Taff was the boss tonight

• I’ve gone for JJ. He has adapted brilliantly to his new role and is so cultured when he nicks the ball and plays it out, more often than not with a good, well weighted pass, both inside and down the line.

• edited October 2021

I wholeheartedly agree with both @Forest_Blue and @micra - yet I still went with Stewart.

That’s how good they all are!!

• Taff for me..he was everywhere and won every time.

• After a bit of reflection, I’d just like to record how brilliant JJ is at the less obvious things. His ability to draw fouls from nowhere and slow the game down was absolutely critical in a game like yesterday

• Keeping that back 3 fit will be the key to any success this season.
      At the moment losing out on Lavelle seems like no loss at all but one injury can change anything.

• @bookertease said:
      After a bit of reflection, I’d just like to record how brilliant JJ is at the less obvious things. His ability to draw fouls from nowhere and slow the game down was absolutely critical in a game like yesterday

JJ is the absolute master of winning fouls out of nothing, especially when backed into a corner. He would drive me mad as an opposition fan.

• @BlueBoy said:

@bookertease said:
      After a bit of reflection, I’d just like to record how brilliant JJ is at the less obvious things. His ability to draw fouls from nowhere and slow the game down was absolutely critical in a game like yesterday

JJ is the absolute master of winning fouls out of nothing, especially when backed into a corner. He would drive me mad as an opposition fan.

Especially when you know that the set piece he’s going to deliver is inevitably going to be of a high quality!

• I went for Stewart, but the whole back 3 was exceptional. Special mention to Vokes too, who won an extraordinary amount in the air last night - you could see his frustration when all his flick-ons came to nothing

• The back 3 were obvs outstanding (again). I went for Gape though. Wasn’t sure about him starting tbh, but he had some superb contributions going forward as well as in defence.

• I was worried about him starting too but he proved me very wrong. He looks a better player lately than I remember him being.

• Gapey always continues to surprise. Last year I'd forgotten the ridiculously high % headers he wins vs. what you'd expect he should be winning because of his lack of height.

I guess it's easy to forget his quality when he's been missing for such long periods. Bit like Rhino back in the day, who would be out for a season then bounce back better than ever.

• We're incredibly spoiled to have the three options that we do in the middle of the park.