Skip to content

Man of the Match - Doncaster

A really good team performance today, with everyone playing to a high standard. But who gets your vote?

Poll not found

Comments

• McCleary or Thompson for me

• McCleary first half but I gave it to Scowen who’s reading of the game was absolutely superb and he was everywhere at the back second half snuffing out any hints of danger.

Lots of good, solid performances today though.

Regarding Scowen, i normally see games from the side but watching his movement across the field from behind the goal was actually quite enlightening

• Thompson for me. Stewart also excellent.

• Stewart from Thompson for me

• Stewart for me. The word 'imperious' was coined for some of his recent performances

• Probably the toughest decision I've had this season. Still undecided.

• Stewart >

• Stewart for me too. Quality performances all round though, others that stood out included Taf, McCleary and McCarthy.

And I think it’s a measure of JJ’s consistency that you almost forget about the quality of his dead ball delivery and how important it is.

• Stewart for me too. Partly because it’s overdue. He’s played at a fabulous standard week in week out again this season and today was more of the same plus a terrific headed goal.

I do hope we’re on with a new contract for him given he’s out of contract at end of the season. Well on his way to become a Wycombe legend.

• If he didn't leave for that period he'd be in with a shout for our best ever IMO

He's got legend status already for me either way

• The Stewart of the last 2.5 seasons is the best defender I’ve ever seen in a Wycombe shirt. So consistently excellent that I have him ahead of Mawson.

• I feel that short period in the wilderness adds to the Tools legend. The Prodigal Son returns.

• @drcongo said:
      The Stewart of the last 2.5 seasons is the best defender I’ve ever seen in a Wycombe shirt. So consistently excellent that I have him ahead of Mawson.

We have had a lot of very good defenders but Jamie Bates is probably still top of my list.

• Anthony Stewart was fantastic today. Absolutely no doubt about him being a Wycombe legend.

• Hear hear to all the above about Anthony Stewart. It also shows what an amazing era this is when we have indisputable legends still playing (Bayo, JJ, Stewart) coaching (Blooms) and on their way to legend status (I would make Curtis next in line based on a combination of quality and tenure, with several other candidates). How many clubs can say that right now?

• Got to be keeper for the harmonicas

• I was having very similar thoughts to many of these about Stewart yesterday as we watched him put in yet another imperious display. His level and consistency is remarkable.

Thompson just edged MOTM for me, but Stewart and Scowen ran him close.

• @drcongo said:
      The Stewart of the last 2.5 seasons is the best defender I’ve ever seen in a Wycombe shirt. So consistently excellent that I have him ahead of Mawson.

Agreed, our best defender in the best Wycombe team weve had playing the highest it ever has in the pyramid. He's second to no one

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • All three are capable of scoring the occasional goal - Taf with his head, JJ feet only and Anthony with either. That alone possibly gives him the edge?

• The kids team in our end was Wortley FC from Leeds. Assume that's stokley's manor

• Stockfale

• Shit stockdale

• For some reason, I haven’t been able to get the Dom Gape song out of my head all day...

• I can’t remember us having a stronger squad of players and as @drcongo said Stewart is as good a central defender in a Wycombe as any I’ve seen.
      Tomorrow is the gauge of where we are.